You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-08 16:11 | IP: IP Logged

Download links, 32b version is suggested:
pspad.poradna.net
www.fosshub.com
PSPad 64 bit version is EXPERIMENTAL. It doesn't contains scripting yet.
pspad.poradna.net

SHA1 hash:
8b170d89ffaf0d6800d6e2b662d6c16f389c2715 pspad507b765.zip
0dcf7b09c12e1e073d6e982e68d6ee922f00bb1b pspad507b765x64.zip

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version first!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Changes to 5.0.7 (761)

News:
ChatGPT (menu tools) improved. If request isn't returned from v35, it's automatically send to v30 ChatGPT version. Improved string handling
Memory manager was returned to FastMM4

Fixes:
PSPad start with undocked window (e.g. OpenFiles) caused exception
Other fixes reported by users

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: Greg | Date: 2023-03-16 21:32 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

Sorry i in fact ask something for the 5.0.7 (770) but i didn't see a post.

I can't assign some shortcuts and i see duplicate Section [Editor] in KeyMap.ini

I try to define Ctrl+- for ecCopyLineUp and Ctrl++ for ecCopyLineDown. PSPad do this by writing those lines :
ecCopyLineUp=Ctrl+- (PAVE NUM.)
ecCopyLineDown=Ctrl++ (PAVE NUM.)

But it applies only on the actual launch and if i quit PSPad and start it again, it doesn't work anymore.

Editing KeyMap.ini after that to try and fix the problem, i saw this :

[Encoding]
aBatchCPConvert=
aUnicodeNormComp=
aUnicodeNormDecomp=

[Editor]
[Editor]
[Editor]
[Editor]
[Editor]
ecUp=Up
ecSelUp=Shift+Up
ecScrollUp=Ctrl+Up
ecDown=Down
ecSelDown=Shift+Down
ecScrollDown=Ctrl+Down
ecLeft=Left

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-17 06:58 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

build 770 (now 773) is the full version, published on pspad.com web

It looks like broken INI file - few same sections and INI file handling routine will work with the first empty one.

You can fix it manually - remove empty [editor] sections or use Default button in the program settings / Keymap - it will delete keymap.ini and start use default settings till you change it or you can delete keymap.ini (same as default button). Keymap.ini will be created after first change.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: Greg | Date: 2023-03-17 20:33 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you but i already did start keymap from scraatch and the same bugs came back

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-18 05:20 | IP: IP Logged

Can you tell me step by step how to make this bug?
If you edit pspad config files, don't edit it in PSPad except place where direct edit is offered

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: Greg | Date: 2023-03-19 13:13 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry i didn't see your answer.

I) TEST EXPORT DEFAULT
1) I use Default Button in the program settings / Keymap and restart PSPad.
2) I check the Keymap settings and export a .km file to compare later with this default

I do this several times, replacing the same export file over and over, there's no KeyMap.ini in PSPad directory but the export file supposed to be a default each time present several [Editor]. One for each restart.
It seems PSPad does not just export but add to the file.

If i do all this on a new file there'a only one [Editor] but with no blank line to separate from [Encoding]

I) TEST EXPORT DEFAULT
1) I use Default Button in the program settings / Keymap and restart PSPad.
2) I check the Keymap settings and export a Keymap-00-Default.km file to compare later with this default
3) This first export does not include a blank line separator between [Encoding] and [Editor].
4) I define the shortcut for Edit/aCopyLine at "Ctrl++ (PAVE NUM.)". OK twice and restart PSPad. It works and the only difference between Keymap-00-Default.km and KeyMap.ini is this shortcut. I make a copy of KeyMap.ini : Keymap-01-Edit_ecCopyLine.km.ini. I make a Keymap-02-Export.km export.
Comparing Keymap-01-Edit_ecCopyLine.km.ini and Keymap-02-Export.km i see those lines empty in [Editor] :
ecLineBreak=
ecCopy=
ecPaste=
ecCut=
ecUndo=
ecRedo=

I restart PSPad.
5) I define the shortcut for Editor/ecCopyLineDown at "Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R". OK twice. It works. I restart PSPad, it works. I export a Keymap-03-Export.km file and quit PSPad.
Comparing Keymap-02-Export.km and Keymap-03-Export.km i see just the new shortcut change.
6) I copy KeyMap.ini to Keymap-04.ini.
Comparing Keymap-03-Export.km and Keymap-04.ini, i see two [Editor] in Keymap-04.ini.
7) I modify KeyMap.ini with Notepad.exe and delete one [Editor].
8) I start PSPad, export a Keymap-05-Export.km : it's the same than Keymap-03-Export.km
9) I defined Editor/ecCopyLineDown at "Ctrl++ (PAVE NUM.)". OK twice and restart PSPad. It doesn't work.
I export a Keymap-06-Export.km file and compare it to Keymap-05-Export.km : Editor/ecCopyLineDown is Empty dans Keymap-06-Export.km.
I copy KeyMap.ini to Keymap-07.ini and compare it to Keymap-06-Export.km : in KeyMap.ini there is two [Editor] and "ecCopyLineDown=Ctrl++ (PAVE NUM.)"

I think PSPad has a problme with writing [Editor] section and to put "Ctrl++ (PAVE NUM.)" or "Ctrl+- (PAVE NUM.)" shortcut in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-19 13:15 by Greg.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-20 07:00 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you, I was able to simulate it, so I can fix it.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: Greg | Date: 2023-03-21 13:10 | IP: IP Logged

Great ! I'm happy i could help.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: Gabriel_ACE | Date: 2023-03-23 11:34 | IP: IP Logged

Is there a possibility that you add to the program the possibility of adding custom buttons on the bar?

I need to add a button to the bar that allows me to press it and for the program to open a file inside it

as a shortcut

as a programmer I have a lot of information in a text file but I don't want to have hundreds of tabs open in the program

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (765) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-23 12:23 | IP: IP Logged

Gabriel_ACE:
Is there a possibility that you add to the program the possibility of adding custom buttons on the bar?

I need to add a button to the bar that allows me to press it and for the program to open a file inside it

as a shortcut

as a programmer I have a lot of information in a text file but I don't want to have hundreds of tabs open in the program

What about to use Favourite tab and put your files there?
I used it for my TXT files and it works quite well

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR