You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-06-09 10:26 | IP: IP Logged

Greg:
Thank you for your answer Jan.
But i use it the righ way unfortunatly and it doesn't work here...

I'l send you a screen if you need. Or do you want something else ?

1. Program setings / Editor 1
[]Wrap (soft) with right edge - uncheck it

2. in the text with lines longer than window press Ctrl+W (or toolbar button or menu View / Wordwrap lines)

Doesn't it works for you?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2021-06-09 10:43 | IP: IP Logged

I tested this line-wrapping myself. What I learned now is...
When Soft Wrap is enabled, lines break at the vertical line.
When Soft Wrap is disabled, lines break at edge of window.
Line Wrapping must be enabled in both cases (CTRL+W).
If I move the vertical line when using Soft Wrap, I have to toggle line wrapping (2x CTRL+W) to get the new width applied.
Seems to be working correct for me.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-06-09 11:16 | IP: IP Logged

Greg:

I found why it doesn't work for you. In case the file supports code folding, wordwrap isn't available.
Codefolding and wordwrap can't be used together.

So possibilities:
switch of code folding in the program settings / Code folding
[]Code folding support
It will enable wordwrap for all files

switch off syntax highlight - it will enable wordwrap for specific file even file supports code folding

Wordwrap is available for Files without code folding support like TXT files and highlighters without codefolding support

I am sorry, I found it just now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-09 11:17 by pspad.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2021-06-09 11:20 | IP: IP Logged

Ohoh, just opened a project file from desktop (Win 7), and while loading the files into tabs, I got an "Access Violation at address 00405E2B..." Unfortunately I can not reach the log, since a tiny window keeps popping up. Hitting OK on it just opens another one. So, I can show you a screenshot only. Reopening the same project file a second time worked fine. Btw, the program seems to be slower nowadays on opening tabs, it often takes a while to get just some few tabs opened and displayed.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-06-09 11:31 | IP: IP Logged

Greg:

And finally. I will make it intuitive.
When you switch on wordwrap, code folding for your file will be disabled. When you stop use wordwrap, Code folding will be enabled ragards to setting.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2021-06-10 12:02 | IP: IP Logged

Since (I think) new editor component I've been coming across occasions where the caret stops moving. I can't reproduce exactly what causes it but it seems to happen when I've been doing a lot of cut+paste (ctrl-x/ctrl-v).

The bracket highlighting still works, but the caret itself gets stuck in one place. Changing the caret type in settings does change the caret but it still doesn't move.

The only way I've found to fix is to restart pspad.

Edit: I should add that it's on a per-editor basis, so other files in the same project have working caret.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 12:07 by gwinkless.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2021-06-10 12:40 | IP: IP Logged

gwinkless:
Since (I think) new editor component I've been coming across occasions where the caret stops moving. I can't reproduce exactly what causes it but it seems to happen when I've been doing a lot of cut+paste (ctrl-x/ctrl-v).

It actually appears to be a redo problem - if you simply open a file, then hit ctrl-Y with nothing in the undo buffer, it immediately breaks. I guess I thought it was to do with cut-paste because I'd been doing a combination of both.

Also, as is probably obvious to you, simply closing the editor window and reopening from recent files (rather than closing pspad completely) does fix the caret.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-06-11 11:05 | IP: IP Logged

gwinkless:
It actually appears to be a redo problem - if you simply open a file, then hit ctrl-Y with nothing in the undo buffer, it immediately breaks. I guess I thought it was to do with cut-paste because I'd been doing a combination of both.

Also, as is probably obvious to you, simply closing the editor window and reopening from recent files (rather than closing pspad completely) does fix the caret.

When you open file and there is nothing in undo/redo buffer, actions are disabled and you can't call UNDO/REDO.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2021-06-11 15:37 | IP: IP Logged

[duplicate posted by mistake due to error code in the forum, please delete]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 15:45 by gwinkless.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.7 (649) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2021-06-11 15:38 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
When you open file and there is nothing in undo/redo buffer, actions are disabled and you can't call UNDO/REDO.

You can't call redo, however it seems you can call ecRedo, to which (somehow) ctrl+y is assigned - I'm not sure if I did that (if I did, I've no idea when, but it's set in my keymap.ini) or if it was the default.

Either way, perhaps ecRedo also needs to be disabled when buffer is empty?

In the meantime, I guess I'll change the keymap so ctrl-y is aRedo instead, since ctrl-shift-z is never used for me.

Edit: using aRedo instead of ecRedo does indeed fix the problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 15:43 by gwinkless.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR