You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-01 11:19 | IP: IP Logged

Download links:
www.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net
PSPad 64 bit version preview without scripting support.
pspad.poradna.net

SHA1 hash:
be1cb99a1afda7ad1300248c4516adaa652e8034 pspad505b549.zip
9a6597cc07ced7cdc6570315ddb9a2264956b97f pspad505b549x64.zip

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version first!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Changes to 5.0.5 (547)

News:
Autocomplete - if you are editing inside word, autocomplete replaces word instead insert autocomplete string to cursor position
Code explorer - selected item is preserved after file save or file reload

Fixes:
PSPad start with parameter if PSPad already runs opens another empty editor
Windows Shell script highlighter - highlight of call another script with parameters
Real tabs with Trim trailing spaces options inserts spaces instead of real tabs
Splitted editor window - mouse wheel doesn't scroll editor under cursor

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: tmpad | Date: 2021-02-01 11:47 | IP: IP Logged

When I load a project (.ppr), all files from the last session are loaded, but the "File Tabs" is not shown. "File Tabs visibility" is set to "Always visible". I have to open another file, to make the file tab visible.

Neither changing the visibility nor deleting the PSPad.INI file fixed it.
The issue first occured with version 5.0.5 (547).

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-01 12:32 | IP: IP Logged

I will check it.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2021-02-02 23:16 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
News:
Autocomplete - if you are editing inside word, autocomplete replaces word instead insert autocomplete string to cursor position

Can you please undo this feature? smiling smiley Or selectable whether you want the old or the new behavior?

The new behavior creates so many bugs that I can't point them all out. I'm having more work fixing the unwanted actions than it's worth.

If you really want it, I'll enumerate the bugs. (I'm guessing at least as 10.) But it's a lot of work and everyone can find them out for themselves when working with PSPad.

pspad:
News:
Code explorer - selected item is preserved after file save or file reload

It works wonderfully! Thanks a lot!

Is it possible to add that the current item in Code Explorer is automatically highlighted when opening a file in PSPad? As if one had clicked "Synchronize with editor"?

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-03 01:49 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
If you really want it, I'll enumerate the bugs. (I'm guessing at least as 10.) But it's a lot of work and everyone can find them out for themselves when working with PSPad.

Please write me problems. I don't want to extend options for any feature.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-03 06:38 | IP: IP Logged

tmpad:
When I load a project (.ppr), all files from the last session are loaded, but the "File Tabs" is not shown. "File Tabs visibility" is set to "Always visible". I have to open another file, to make the file tab visible.

Neither changing the visibility nor deleting the PSPad.INI file fixed it.
The issue first occured with version 5.0.5 (547).

Problem was found and fixed.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2021-02-03 06:56 | IP: IP Logged

Even with the normal insertion via Ctrl+V, a space is added at the end, or the caret jumps one character further at the end of the insertion.

Example:
(The pipe character represents the caret in all examples. All examples are to be understood without quotation marks.)

becomes: "Hello |"

If there is a dot after the word, the dot is skipped. The same happens with other characters ",!()§$[]... (I have NOT tested all of them).

becomes: "autocomplete.|"

If you mark something, e.g. the numbers of "123 hello" and then write something over it to replace the numbers, e.g. "456" becomes "4 56hello".

becomes: $bTestVar = F alse

becomes: 3,3 22

If you use the Undo function (Ctrl+Z) afterwards, the 1 skipped character will be deleted.

If a word appears complete for the autocomplete feature, no further autocomplete suggestion is made.

E.g. "_ArrayDelete()" should become "_ArrayDisplay()" and the caret is behind "_ArrayD", then there is only the "Pling" Windows sound and no autocomplete!

You can put the caret in "_ArrayDelete()" wherever you want, there will always be only "Pling" and no autocomplete.

If you put the caret in front of a word, e.g. a variable, then write a part of a word in front of it, e.g. "Loc" which should be completed to "Local", then autocomplete just does nothing ("Pling!").

Example: Loc|$sMyVar

If you mark a line from the beginning of the line to the beginning of the next line and then drag it between other lines containing text, then the first character in the following line will be marked as well. If you want to indent the actually marked line with the tabulator key, the following line will be indented as well.

If you select a line from the beginning of the line to the beginning of the next line, copy it (Ctrl+C) and then paste it several times (Ctrl+V), the following lines will be indented by 1 character. AND the following lines are moved out by 1 character! With each Ctrl+V each time by 1 character further!

If one uses the Undo function (Ctrl+Z) afterwards, the 1 additionally marked character is taken along/shifted. Thereby the following line is moved 1 character.

etc.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-03 11:23 | IP: IP Logged

I found this strange behavior too.
It's not joined with Autocomplete, but with spaces/tabs change.

I will investigate it and fix it.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-03 11:47 | IP: IP Logged

I improved Autocompletion, it should work ok with your examples
I rolled back tabs/spaces behavior, it will need deeper investigation, it's base editor 3rd component.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.5 (549) English

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2021-02-03 22:38 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for your hard work! I hope I was helpful.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR