You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-09-19 10:06 | IP: IP Logged

Extranjero:
Search in files - some files are omitted
The problem isn't new, occurred in prior versions, also in 'stable' versions:
When searching in files, some files are omitted and don't appear in search results.
Even renaming, duplicating the affected files doesn't change this behavior.
After some investigating I found out that the character combination '&times' (dec 215) followed immediately, without any space by '&not' (dec 172) causes this - doesn't matter if remarked the line or not.
Because in 'real live' phrases this character combination unlikely occurs, I use it (validating phrase before) as separator ...

Can I get any example to the support mail?
Maybe problem is in the file encoding. PSpad is able to detect unicode encoding (include UTF-8) automatically, but for ANSI different search results depends of the dialog settings

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2020-09-24 06:34 | IP: IP Logged

Hello PSPad,

I often open files using FTP. There seems to be a problem when opening a file in a folder that also contains a subfolder with the same filename.
I.e.

folder
..|-- somename (this is a file)
..|-- somename (this is a submap)
........|-- someothername (this is a file)

So when trying to open the file "somename" an exception occurs ; I think probably there is a conflict using names in the temporary folders?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-24 06:35 by MadCompie.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-09-24 06:40 | IP: IP Logged

Can I have the exception? Without exception content I can't tell you more. But yes, it can be a problem with temp folder, cause Windows doesn't allows it.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2020-09-24 06:49 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry, I was not fully clear winking smiley

Hello PSPad,

EXAMPLE:

folder
..|-- somename (= file)
..|-- SomeName (= submap)
........|-- someSubmap (= submap)
..............|-- someOthername (= file)

So when trying to open the file "someOthername" an exception occurs:
Cannot create directory "C:\Users\...."

I think probably there is a conflict using names in the temporary folders?
The file "somename" equals the folder "SomeName" (mind the case insensitivity)?

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-09-24 07:02 | IP: IP Logged

No, it means that in Windows world (which is case insensitive) file system doesn't allows you to have subfolder and file with same name in one folder.
I must handle it somehow.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2020-10-13 05:00 | IP: IP Logged

Some issues I encountered by using this development version since some weeks now. One or two issues are known, but I tried sharing more details about it.

I'm still in Windows 7 64 bit.

a) The header of the autocomplete window is not translated to German: Screenshot

b) Well, this is a minor issue I noticed in a previous version, but it still exists: Word-wrapping makes nonsense under certain circumstances: Video, Screenshot, Description

c) Access Violation. This happens when I open a project file from Windows 7 desktop. This file is a link to the real project file somewhere in my user directory. It happens every time with every project file: Screenshot, Logfile

d) Access Violation. When there are multiple files open, and their tabs are spread in two lines (e.g. when window is slim), then a click with middle-mouse-button on tab to close it causes an access violation, well, in far most cases: Video, Logfile

e) While making the video for d), PSPad saved the project file (or me?), and now the file is corrupted, like I and others reported before. A string 'cache' got replaced with 'ca??e', and with my mouse I can select lots of blanks behind it, although the program settings do not allow that: Screenshot (On request I can send you the project file)

f) When PSPad window is scaled to fill a part of the screen only, and I click its button in Taskbar to minimize PSPad, the window will be maximized when I click the button again. PSPad window should have same size as before.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-10-13 07:35 | IP: IP Logged

Ravelli:
a) The header of the autocomplete window is not translated to German: Screenshot

This is caused by styles. In normal case Automcomple Window has no title, no control, so translation wasn't needed. I translated window caption and I will loook why is there window title when you use styles.

Ravelli:
c) Access Violation. This happens when I open a project file from Windows 7 desktop. This file is a link to the real project file somewhere in my user directory. It happens every time with every project file: Screenshot, Logfile

I made some changes, wait for next build.

Ravelli:
d) Access Violation. When there are multiple files open, and their tabs are spread in two lines (e.g. when window is slim), then a click with middle-mouse-button on tab to close it causes an access violation, well, in far most cases: Video, Logfile

Can you test it without black theme please? I need to eliminate it is caused by styles on Windows 7 x64

Ravelli:
f) When PSPad window is scaled to fill a part of the screen only, and I click its button in Taskbar to minimize PSPad, the window will be maximized when I click the button again. PSPad window should have same size as before.

I can't confirm it. Fill part of the screen means PSPad isn't maximized? I tested it with non maximized PSPad, styles on. I clicked on the taskbar button, PSpad is minimized. When I click again, PSpad is restored to it's previous position.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2020-10-13 13:38 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I tested it with non maximized PSPad, styles on. I clicked on the taskbar button, PSpad is minimized. When I click again, PSpad is restored to it's previous position.

I can confirm for Window 10. Works okay here. (What is "styles on"?

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2020-10-13 15:49 | IP: IP Logged

a) After switching the 'PSPad IDE style' to 'Windows', there is no header to the Autocomplete window. So yes, might be better to remove it totally from the other style.

c) Ok, will test new build later, and give feedback in its thread.

d) After switching the 'PSPad IDE style' to 'Windows', there are no access violations anymore when closing tabs via MMB. So my issue is caused by the 'Windows10 SlateGray' style.

f) By switching the style, as mentioned above, my PSPad lost a bunch of settings (program, font, panels and more). They were reset to default values. After changing them back to my needs, I can not reproduce the issue. But I have a backup of my PSPad folder from September, version 5.0.4 (521). So I was able to make this video now: Video

The PSPad.ini of the backup 5.0.4 (521) says this:

[FilePos]
Width=1256
Height=1080
Top=0
Left=602
Maximized=1
ChildMaximized=1

After saving main window position again, one line changes to "Maximized=0", and PSPad behaves correct. Since I never saved the window position as maximized, it must have been due to access violations or switching styles, what makes PSPad changing settings back to default - like the program settings mentioned above.

Now I opened version 5.0.4 (527) again, and the issue happened again. So PSPad forgot the position, which I set just one hour back. A look into the PSPad.ini shows me this:

[FilePos]
Width=1188
Height=1080
To??0
Top=0
Left=670
Maximized=1
ChildMaximized=1

The 'To??0' indicates, here we have the same issue as with corrupted project files and documents. And Maximized is set to 1 again. Ergo: it is time to test build 531.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (527) English

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2020-10-13 16:17 | IP: IP Logged

I also prefer 'Windows10 SlateGray'.

Goto Page: Previous1 2

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR