You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-10 19:19 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (5.4 MB):
www.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net
PSPad 64 bit version preview without scripting support.
pspad.poradna.net

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version first!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Changes to 5.0.3 (361)

News:
Find in files dialog was changed from modal to normal. It allows let dialog open and edit files together

Fixes:
handled exception when several PSPad instances was closed at once and all instances write file state in same time
handled exception when closing PSPad x64

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2020-01-15 15:49 | IP: IP Logged

The "Find In Files" change means if I hit alt-c to check the "&Case Sensitive" box I get instead the colour-picker appear in the sidebar; if I hit alt-p for "&Prompt Each Replace" I get a print-preview window, "Selected &Directory" inserts date into the current window... I guess you get the idea.

I don't really care about the rest but the alt-C for Case Sensitive is something I use all the time - my fingers know the sequence: alt-s-s then type text then alt-w alt-c then return.

Worse, because alt-c takes away the focus, hitting return no longer makes the search start.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-15 16:00 | IP: IP Logged

Understand. This is "dark" side of the non modal window. In case of non modal window, all shotcuts are handled by the main thread instead of the modal window itself.

I must find some solution.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-15 16:25 | IP: IP Logged

I found partial solution.
I am able to not fire main form actions when search in files is active, but there is still problem with shotcuts what are used by main form - doesn't work.

There is possible solution to make Search in files form modal/non modal optional

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2020-01-20 14:20 | IP: IP Logged

Can't even hit escape to close the popup window. If a modal choice is the only option then that's definitely better than now: it's unusable as it is.

sad smiley

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-20 15:03 | IP: IP Logged

Use the latest developer build.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2020-01-20 16:23 | IP: IP Logged

I'm already using 367 - I just thought I would reply here to continue the thread. Am I missing a setting?

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.3 (363) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-20 16:33 | IP: IP Logged

gwinkless:
I'm already using 367 - I just thought I would reply here to continue the thread. Am I missing a setting?

OK. So please write me what to do to simulate problem.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR