You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2018-08-09 16:27 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Debug information file for 5.0.1 283 build:
pspad.poradna.net
It's a MAP file generated by Embarcadero Delphi

I tried downloading Delphi Community Edition in the hope I might be able to use the IDE as a debugger in Windows - I'm getting freezes fairly regularly now - but it doesn't offer me the choice of the Delphi IDE when I click "Debug" in Task Manager - it still only shows me Visual Studio.

Is there a trick to opening the pspad exe in the RAD IDE?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2018-08-10 09:31 | IP: IP Logged

gwinkless:
Is there a trick to opening the pspad exe in the RAD IDE?

I tried using the MAP file and converting to DBG then opening with visual studio but it won't load - suggestion is recent versions only open pdb files :(

In the end I downloaded windbg, which supposedly still works with .dbg, and it _looks_ like it's loaded the dbg file:

00400000 00dcd000 PSPad (codeview symbols) C:\ProgramData\dbg\sym\PSPad.dbg\5B6435519cd000\PSPad.dbg
Loaded symbol image file: C:\ProgramData\dbg\sym\PSPad.dbg\5B6435519cd000\PSPad.dbg
Image path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\PSPad.exe

x /D PSPad!s* shows a massive list of PSPad!System symbols, which does suggest the symbol table is loaded.

However the call stack for the various threads doesn't seem to show any PSPad functions. Whether that's just because it's too heavily stuck in a recursive loop I'm unsure (I don't know whether there's a limit to the number of levels the windbg stack will show?)

The interesting thread seems to be stuck recursing inside COMCTL32!TV_GetShownIndexItem+0x52 - there's 27 levels of that in the call stack. All the other threads seem to only show either ntdll!NtWaitForWorkViaWorkerFactory or ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart.

I don't know how much more useful I can be. This freeze only seems to happen when it's switching files, but there doesn't seem to be any specific trigger other than that; it's happening often enough that I'm going to have to go back to previous version :(

If you've any idea of how to get windbg to show anything more helpful then I'm happy to give that a try.

Cheers

Geoff

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2018-08-10 12:42 | IP: IP Logged

gwinkless:
I don't know how much more useful I can be. This freeze only seems to happen when it's switching files, but there doesn't seem to be any specific trigger other than that; it's happening often enough that I'm going to have to go back to previous version :(

If I disable the code explorer window then the problem seems to stop, which does suggest it's related to the recent changes in that area.

Ta

Geoff

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: Gabriel_ACE | Date: 2018-09-27 21:50 | IP: IP Logged

any knews ?

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: KraPet | Date: 2018-10-01 13:02 | IP: IP Logged

RickH:
There seems to be a problem in the php highlighter: the initial "<?" of the php opening tag is invisible, although it takes up space and will appear if selected. The closing tag ("?>"), if used, is also invisible but will also appear if selected. This is true for both new and old files. The rest of the hightlighter works as expected.

Settings -> Program Settings -> Multihighlighter -> Font Color = Black

Issue of this build is that it spontaneously rewrites

color of:
  Multihighlighter -> Font Color

with the color of:
  Colors -> Current Line

After update to build 283 the INI file is changed.
build 277:
  MultiForeColor=-16777208
  CurLineColor=8454143
build 283:
  MultiForeColor=-16777192
  CurLineColor=-16777192

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: programmer9 | Date: 2018-10-01 13:16 | IP: IP Logged

Two minor problems with build 283 when compared with build 271

Firstly in the Search in Files Results window a single left-click on the little triangular icon before the file name used to expand or collapse the list of lines found in the file - now this only happens with a double_click.

Secondly the current line is being shown with a beige background unless I go to Settings/Program Settings.../Colors and set the colour for Current Line to white - but then the next time I start PSPad it has reverted to the beige backgound. This may well be connected with the earlier report about PSPad no longer respecting the selected colour theme.

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-10-01 14:35 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for issues report. I will fix it.

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-10-01 14:36 | IP: IP Logged

KraPet:
Settings -> Program Settings -> Multihighlighter -> Font Color = Black

Issue of this build is that it spontaneously rewrites

color of:
  Multihighlighter -> Font Color

with the color of:
  Colors -> Current Line

After update to build 283 the INI file is changed.
build 277:
  MultiForeColor=-16777208
  CurLineColor=8454143
build 283:
  MultiForeColor=-16777192
  CurLineColor=-16777192

I found this problem this weekend, it's fixed already.
I am sorry, I was exhausted by work what feeds me. But I am slowly returning back to PSPad

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: programmer9 | Date: 2018-10-02 07:17 | IP: IP Logged

programmer9:
Two minor problems with build 283 when compared with build 271

Firstly in the Search in Files Results window a single left-click on the little triangular icon before the file name used to expand or collapse the list of lines found in the file - now this only happens with a double_click.

Secondly the current line is being shown with a beige background unless I go to Settings/Program Settings.../Colors and set the colour for Current Line to white - but then the next time I start PSPad it has reverted to the beige backgound. This may well be connected with the earlier report about PSPad no longer respecting the selected colour theme.

If it helps I have also found that if I go to "Settings/Highlighter Settings..." for C/C++ and select the "Current line" option it uses the colour specified by the adjacent "Background" tab. BUT having selected this option and terminated the program it is set every time I restart PSPad - even though I clear the checkbox and then exit PSPad. The background colour is remembered from one activation to the next though (unlike the background colour of the current line in "Settings/Program Settings.../Colors")

Please ignore if this issue is covered by your immediately preceding post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-02 07:18 by programmer9.

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.1 (283) English

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2018-10-05 12:12 | IP: IP Logged

Hello everybody,

using the 32-bit version in Win7 64-bit, names of selected folder and file names in the tool-panel are being replaced by a framed box.

Beside of the screenshot below, I made this short video: www.torsten-funk.de

Friendly greetings,
Ravelli

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR