You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-08-14 18:35 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (5.4 MB):
www.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net
PSPad 64 bit version preview without scripting support
pspad.poradna.net

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version first!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Changes to 5.0.0 (241)

News
Python highlighter - added new keywords, correct words categorization

Fixes:
Windows Shell script - matching brackets
Project tree - drag/drop functionality was broken
Comment/Uncomment line(s) keeps cursor position, works for empty line too
Menu Window / Tab color doesn't show current file tab color

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 High DPI scaling issues

Posted by: Solidornot | Date: 2017-08-23 18:37 | IP: IP Logged

The high DPI scaling issues that I reported a couple developer releases ago continue in this release, so I am reporting again.

Three display issues on high DPI displays with scaling seem to have appeared.

... 1) The text in drop down menus is about twice the size it should be. Not the menu titles, which are the right size, but the text in the menu after it drops down. This is true regardless what size menu icons are selected. This began in the new builds about a couple months ago.

... 2) There is now a space of several lines between the ruler numbers (0, 10, 20, ...) and the ruler ticks. I believe this started within the last couple builds.

... 3) the control buttons (minimize, etc.) for the tab window (not for the PSPad window) are not scaled up.

I have uploaded two images, the main one being ctrlv.cz which shows the issues, the secondary one ctrlv.cz is just for comparison (showing the drop down menu for another, similar program).

PSPad as shown here is being used on a Dell high resolution display (3840x2160) with scaling set to 250% under Windows 10. In PSPad I have selected the Toolbar icon set PSPad_64 and the Menu icon set PSPad_32. Changing the menu icon set, or turning off menu icons, has no visible effect on the menu font. The editor font is Lucida Console 10 regular. No compatibility setting is in place for windows to override the default high DPI scaling behavior for PSPad (this is Windows version 10.0.15063). The images offered were from PSPad version 5.0.0 (235), but it remains identical with 5.0.0 (243).

-- Thanks as always.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: Shores | Date: 2017-08-23 20:50 | IP: IP Logged

In this version, 64bit, my CHM php manual downloaded from php.net doesn't show when selecting the language help menu item, neither if the file is set to php highlighter, nor if set to multi hilighter...

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-08-24 04:40 | IP: IP Logged

Shores:
In this version, 64bit, my CHM php manual downloaded from php.net doesn't show when selecting the language help menu item, neither if the file is set to php highlighter, nor if set to multi hilighter...

Hello

If you run your CHM directly, do you see the content? There is a Windows protection, you need to allow content in the properties of the CHM.
Can you give me link for the PHP manual you downloaded?

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2017-08-24 22:35 | IP: IP Logged

Jan, for the last few versions using 64bit if I edit a file on a UNC path and then save it and then close the file I get an access violation.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-08-25 05:26 | IP: IP Logged

PGomersall:
Jan, for the last few versions using 64bit if I edit a file on a UNC path and then save it and then close the file I get an access violation.

Thank you. I just leaving for vacation until end of Oct. I will look for it when I will return

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: sandrosilveira | Date: 2017-08-30 16:26 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

With 243 release the "Swap with line..." menu options in "Edit"/"Lines Manipulation"/"Swap With Line Below" and "Swap With Line Above" are with different behavior from previous releases.

- Load any file in PSPAD;
- Select menu "Selection type" and "normal selection";
- Mark a block with more than one line completely (two lines are enough) leaving the cursor on the line below the block selection;

- Run "Edit"/"Lines Manipulation"/"Swap With Line Below"

You will see that the line not selected will also be moved up

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: Shores | Date: 2017-09-10 14:00 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Shores:

Hello

If you run your CHM directly, do you see the content? There is a Windows protection, you need to allow content in the properties of the CHM.
Can you give me link for the PHP manual you downloaded?

The manual is the english CHM enhanced version you can find on php.net.

I had already unlocked the file, and opening it directly works perfectly.

By the way, I stopped testing this version 64bits because it crashed while saving a file, DELETING its content. I had a backup, so no real problem, but it scared me very much! smiling smiley

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: molnart | Date: 2017-09-13 09:58 | IP: IP Logged

i have two major bugs in 243 (32 bit version)

1) when opening code explorer, than changing source file content and trying to refresh code explored PSPad hangs (unresponsive app, 100% cpu thread usage)
2) pasting in as hex text in hex edit mode does not work. the app does not paste anything

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-09-13 11:53 | IP: IP Logged

molnart:
i have two major bugs in 243 (32 bit version)

1) when opening code explorer, than changing source file content and trying to refresh code explored PSPad hangs (unresponsive app, 100% cpu thread usage)
2) pasting in as hex text in hex edit mode does not work. the app does not paste anything

Hello
Code explorer depends of syntax. Which syntax do you use? Can you provide any example what hang up PSPad?

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR