You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: molnart | Date: 2017-09-14 09:48 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Hello
Code explorer depends of syntax. Which syntax do you use? Can you provide any example what hang up PSPad?

its doing it with XML files, size around 150 kb.

after restesting the issue, it seems that it just takes too long to process the changes (> 10 mins). i can reproduce the issue with this sample xml file msdn.microsoft.com

Steps:
1) Copy XML file into PSPad
2) Open Code explorer
3) Remove one of the <book> sections
4) refresh code explorer
5) PSPad is unresponsive for more than 15 secs until it's refreshed

Now this is a pretty small xml file, with larger the process can take ages.

Tested on Win7 64-bit, Core i5-6300U with 16 GB RAM.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-09-14 10:22 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I just test it with PSPad 5 on my computer and can't confirm it. Maybe it was fixed by another change.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2017-09-14 17:01 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
I can confirm some problems in code explorer in PSPad 5; with the mentioned XML sample file:
msdn.microsoft.com

In PSPad 4.6.2 parsing the xml in code explorer runs instantly, as well as refreshing after deleting some element.

In PSPad 5 (243) I can see a rather long delay on each refreshing the code explorer, both after deleting some elements but even without changes in the code.
Even for such 4,5 kB short sample the parsing and freeze of the aditor takes over 8 minutes on an older laptop (Win7 64bit, 4 GB RAM)
The process of PSPad.exe takes 25% (i.e. the maximum load for 4 (virtual) cores)

It might be somehow specific, as the delay didn't happen on some other XML samples (or parts of the sample) I tried.
If I add the "book" elements of the sample individually and refresh the explorer each time, there starts to be a delay of a few seconds at 9th item (bk109) and the delay increases rapidly on each next added "book".
It seems, there might be some excessive parsing, regex backtracking or similar.

vbr

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: molnart | Date: 2017-09-15 19:38 | IP: IP Logged

its definitely not specific to that microsoft xml. i have experienced the issue with other xml files i am working with regularly. i just used the microsoft file as an example for the issue, as the xml files i am using contain confidential information.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: MarkRH | Date: 2017-09-28 22:10 | IP: IP Logged

I can't get the PHP help file to show when pressing ALT-F1. I have gone into the Highlighter settings for PHP and it is pointing to the correct .CHM file which I go open just fine.

Perhaps related but when I press F1 I get an error about no context sensitive help being installed.

--
Mark H.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-09-29 04:49 | IP: IP Logged

MarkRH:
I can't get the PHP help file to show when pressing ALT-F1. I have gone into the Highlighter settings for PHP and it is pointing to the correct .CHM file which I go open just fine.

Perhaps related but when I press F1 I get an error about no context sensitive help being installed.

Hello

Thank you, it's already reported.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: Gabriel_ACE | Date: 2017-10-02 19:43 | IP: IP Logged

when I scroll to right when the file is to large (columns)

pspad's scroll right start to loop FOR EVER! sad smiley

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (243) English

Posted by: sandrosilveira | Date: 2017-12-18 11:04 | IP: IP Logged

sandrosilveira:
Hi Jan,

With 243 release the "Swap with line..." menu options in "Edit"/"Lines Manipulation"/"Swap With Line Below" and "Swap With Line Above" are with different behavior from previous releases.

- Load any file in PSPAD;
- Select menu "Selection type" and "normal selection";
- Mark a block with more than one line completely (two lines are enough) leaving the cursor on the line below the block selection;

- Run "Edit"/"Lines Manipulation"/"Swap With Line Below"

You will see that the line not selected will also be moved up

Hi Jan,

Any news about this subject?

thanks

Sandro

Goto Page: Previous1 2

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR