You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-07-13 13:12 | IP: IP Logged

starki7:
Export to RTF function

I think that functions, Export... and Export to Clipboard as RTF, don't work completely.
UTF-8 characters like 蚞ȊŽ are not copied correctly, not matter which encoding I choose.
I get _d_1_e_c_0_d characters instead.
Export to Clipboard as HTML copies those characters correctly.

Sincerely,
Goran

Hello
In the future I want replace editor component. This component doesn't support as RTF. But I tested that HTML export is accepted by RTF editor as source for paste. Standalone RTF export can be removed.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: starki7 | Date: 2017-07-21 09:20 | IP: IP Logged

Thank You for a kind answer, I think that HTML will suffice for formatted export.

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: mdn8rdr | Date: 2017-07-27 14:54 | IP: IP Logged

I have been using this version for a while with no issues until today. Its pretty obscure, but to confirm, i reinstalled the stable 4.6.2 (2750) and this problem disappeared.

I will attempt to describe the issue as technically accurate as possible.

The issue I encounter is that when I edit a file on a specific samba share, I see the file and its contents in pspad just fine and can edit the file, but when saving the file, I get a generic error in pspad (sorry don't remember the exact wording but its a basic error, no specifics) and on the samba share, the file has been replaced with a zero-byte file. Using a different editor, or using pspad 4.6.2 (2750), the file is saved just fine.

I am on a windows 7 Pro pc. The "map network drive" points at a linux instance which has a mapping to a different nfs server where the "actual" folder exists. So apparently mapping through 2 virtual mappings - first, samba points to the linux box, then the linux box finds that share by mapping to the nfs server.

A have a different samba share that points to the same linux box but where the file actually lives on that linux box and the latest developer pspad works perfectly, including global edits and more.

So I am guessing the issue specifically manifests only when going through 2 virtual mappings, as that is the only difference I am aware of.

In any case, I will continue to use the stable 4.6.2 (2750) version for now.

BTW - I have been using pspad daily for over 10 years and this is the first issue I have ever encountered! I would have a hard time coping if I ever were forced to give up pspad!

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-07-28 10:53 | IP: IP Logged

You can test program settings / Direct edit button
Change settings DontChangeFileAttribs=1
This should bring more compatibility on Linux drive.

Another settings what can help you is:
SafeSaveFile=1

This will save file in 2 phases - it renames existing file, save new file and when is successfully saved, it will delete old one.

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English - High DPI scaling issues

Posted by: Solidornot | Date: 2017-07-31 20:43 | IP: IP Logged

(Sorry for the delayed response. I have been away.)

I have uploaded two images, the main one being ctrlv.cz which shows the issues, the secondary one ctrlv.cz is just for comparison (showing the drop down menu for another, similar program).

PSPad is shown here on a Dell high resolution display (3840x2160) with scaling set to 250% under Windows 10. PSPad has selected the Toolbar icon set PSPad_64 and the Menu icon set PSPad_32. Changing the menu icon set, or turning off menu icons, has no visible effect on the menu font. The editor font is Lucida Console 10 regular. No compatibility setting is in place for windows to override the default high DPI scaling behavior (this is Windows version 10.0.15063). This is PSPad version 5.0.0 (235).

The issues shown: (1) the drop down menu font is too large; (2) there is space left between the ruler numbers and the ruler tick marks (which are a bit too small I believe); and (3) the control buttons (minimize, etc.) for the tab window (not for the PSPad window) are not scaled up. I could not reproduce the problem I had experienced earlier with the toolbar wrapping, so perhaps that was circumstance specific.

I hope this helps to clarify the issues.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-08-09 18:36 | IP: IP Logged

mali_zeeko:
An example with PsPad 5.0.0.235 (32-bit), no open document or tab.
Tools | Hash generator,
Hash type: MD5
Calculate Hash from String:123
Hash:a933d13f81649bebe035dc21f4002ff1
Hash from OpenSSL and PsPad4:202cb962ac59075b964b07152d234b70

Hash generator was rewriten. Problem was fixed and it now supports most common hashes MD5, SHA1, SHA2

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR