You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-04-15 20:18 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (5.2 MB):
www.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version first!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Changes to 5.0.0 (176)

News
FTP client allows you upload general file with context menu or FTP toolbar button. Open dialog allows you select several files at once.
Batch CP conversion forma changes to be more intuitive
Power Pro code parser - variables look
Compilation with output catch is running on the background
FTP client caches passwords if you don't specify it in FTP connection settings. It means PSPad will ask user for the password one time only during session.

Fixes:
Project info form - grid header
Save project as was disabled if no editor window was open

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2017-04-16 11:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan,

Thank you for the FTP password fix!

About my long running tests, not a single crash or corruption since r176, so this is really nice to use PSPad without the fear to lose everything as before.

Small remaining pbs:
- the reported coding page is still displayed wrong on the bar with some filetypes (javascript), but the editor deals with the correct one internally and for file I/O, so not much to complain about here.
- when clicking on the Open button for Development version on the Update window, it gets you to some old version page. On one of my r176 version, the r116 page is proposedn while on some other r176 the correct page to the new version is displayed. Not a big deal thought.

Good job!

Cheers,
TMTisFree

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-16 11:57 by tmtisfree.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2017-04-16 12:17 | IP: IP Logged

Also:

- the File Explorer is still missing the Rename fonction as the v4 had (and which I used a lot).

The FTP upload feature is really useful, I just notice that when dropping a file in the File Explorer in FTP mode, the file is opened in the editor instead of being sent by FTP. Is this the intended behaviour?

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-04-16 13:02 | IP: IP Logged

tmtisfree:

The FTP upload feature is really useful, I just notice that when dropping a file in the File Explorer in FTP mode, the file is opened in the editor instead of being sent by FTP. Is this the intended behaviour?

There is no functionality to drop files into ftp client or e.g. ascii chart. There is drop files into pspad functionality only

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2017-04-16 16:13 | IP: IP Logged

Also:

- there is no summary at the end of searching/replacing string if the direction is set to Bottom and the user click OK when PSPad asks if it can continue from the top.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2017-04-16 20:47 | IP: IP Logged

Also:

- after editing other files and some time, the first tab gets the red mark although it has not be edited. When then selected, the red mark disappears. State of other icons has not changed (eg Save is still grayed and disabled).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-16 20:48 by tmtisfree.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: crimson | Date: 2017-04-17 02:58 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
The Code Explorer Windows shows incorrect result in C/C++ to me. See below code piece for instance.

/**
test
**/
VOID
FuncA (
IN AAA *aaa
)
{
if (AAAA) {
BBBB;
}
FuncB (
CCCC
);

if (DDDD) {
EEEE;
}
FuncB (
CCCC
);

if (FFFF) {
GGGG;
}
FuncB (
CCC
);
}

The result in Code Explorer Windows is:
FuncA (
FuncB (
FuncB (
FuncB (

The expectation should be only FuncA (

Please help to check this.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-04-18 13:01 | IP: IP Logged

tmtisfree:
- the File Explorer is still missing the Rename fonction as the v4 had (and which I used a lot).

Rename will be back in next build

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: sandrosilveira | Date: 2017-04-18 19:54 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

Thanks for "Compilation with output catch is running on the background", this feature is very important to us, with this I can release this version for more beta testers.

You are doing great Job with 5.0.0 version!

Sandro

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (182) English

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2017-04-20 06:46 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
thank you very much, just installed and tested the ftp upload. It works really well!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR