You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-08 17:44 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (2.9 MB):
www.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version!!!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Important
There is many changes in this version. It may contains bugs. Be carefull.

Changes to 4.6.2 (2770)

News
PSPad Code updated to Delphi 10 Seatle. It will allow 64b version in future
New file plugin format, much more easier for developers - (see the readme file in plugin subfolder)
New code page handling - PSPad now supports 147 code pages and allows you to open and convert
New CP customization menu dialog (menu Encoding) which allows you select code page set you use
New Batch CP convert tool in the Encoding menu
Code page in status bar shows code page menu
Fast selection of default encoding by Ctrl+Click on menu item in Encoding menu
Language files are stored in UTF-8 with BOM

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2017-03-08 18:47 | IP: IP Logged

Excellent news!

Running "Compile" (ctrl-f9) produces a permanent freeze (spinning blue circle mouse icon and no display update) :(

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-08 18:54 | IP: IP Logged

Can you tell me your compiler settings?

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English; Hi DPI Display

Posted by: Solidornot | Date: 2017-03-09 04:16 | IP: IP Logged

As always, much thanks for this terrific editor. Really, it is great.

I just updated to the latest build from build 2730. I am thrilled that all the basic issues for using it at full high resolution on a hi-DPI display seem solved (I was using it with a "manifest" file to force Windows 10 to treat as DPI ignorant, as it was impossible to use otherwise). The PSpad_64 icons are just right on my display (3840x2160 with Windows 10 scaling set at 250%) and the various visual issues all seem solved.

I have found one issue. The text in the Programs Settings dialog box displays VERY large (and the dialog box is not sizable), to the point that it is not possible to change the settings there. This is true of all the text in every pane in this dialog box and the buttons at the bottom. The other settings dialogs seem fine.

Oh, wait, I do see one other minor visual issue. The hash marks for the ruler are almost hidden. It looks as if the spacing is just a bit off so that they are being covered by the editing window.

These are minor issues. I, at least, do not often change settings, so no rush on needing that (and I can always put the manifest file back in place temporarily). But I wanted to let you know so you can add them to your list to look at.

Warm regards and thanks again.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English; Hi DPI Display

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-09 06:07 | IP: IP Logged

Solidornot:

I have found one issue. The text in the Programs Settings dialog box displays VERY large (and the dialog box is not sizable), to the point that it is not possible to change the settings there. This is true of all the text in every pane in this dialog box and the buttons at the bottom. The other settings dialogs seem fine.

Oh, wait, I do see one other minor visual issue. The hash marks for the ruler are almost hidden. It looks as if the spacing is just a bit off so that they are being covered by the editing window.

These are minor issues. I, at least, do not often change settings, so no rush on needing that (and I can always put the manifest file back in place temporarily). But I wanted to let you know so you can add them to your list to look at.

Warm regards and thanks again.

Screenshots please

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English; Hi DPI Display

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-09 07:14 | IP: IP Logged

I found a problem with Settings dialog. It's fixed, including direct edit dialog.

I must find a way how to fix bookmarks in gutter now

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English; Hi DPI Display

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-09 08:28 | IP: IP Logged

Bookmarks are fixed too already. I will paint it manually instead of pictures.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2017-03-09 08:30 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Can you tell me your compiler settings?

Sure

It basically kicks off a makefile with gcc on Linux using plink.

Same settings work fine in pspad4.

Geoff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-09 08:31 by gwinkless.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2017-03-09 08:53 | IP: IP Logged

gwinkless:
It basically kicks off a makefile with gcc on Linux using plink.

For what it's worth, if I turn off "capture program output" it works OK, but that does make it a bit toothless smiling smiley

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (096) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-09 08:55 | IP: IP Logged

I downloaded PLink from www.cog-genomics.org
I set PLink (include path, cause I don't included path to plink folder in system path variable) without any parameters
When I call compiler, I get PLink help in the LOG.

There can be problem with parameters. When you press '?' button in the compiler settings, do you get correct command line?

Can you please temporary clear LogParser entry in compiler settings?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-09 08:57 by pspad.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR