You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-15 18:47 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (2.9 MB):
code.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Tip: If you want to speed up start and you don't use FTPS connection, delete files libssl32.dll and libeay32.dll in the root of PSPad.

Changes to 4.5.8 (2507)

News
New bigger icon set 24x24px
Possibility to set iconset for menu and toolbar separately (Program settings / Program 1). It Alows you to set bigger icons for toolbar and/or menu if you use high resolution screen. Toolbar and menu automatically accept iconset size from now. Anybody can create new iconset for PSPad.
HTML multihighlighter - changed behavior. If file size gets over the multihighlighter limit, PSPad will use language highlighter instead of the base highlighter (e.g. PHP instead of the HTML)

Fixes:
Unix Shell Script - comment highlighting fix
Inserting code clips with Shift+Space - if template isn't found, PSPad shows list of clips.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-15 18:49 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry for delay. I spent several hours to prepare new icons set 24x24px.
I work on help update. Because I havn't help source, I had to decompile it, reformat, update pictures... I have the help in editable form already and just working on it's update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-15 18:50 by pspad.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-15 18:51 | IP: IP Logged

How to get back small icon in toolbar:
1. open Program settings / Program 1
2. select other iconset for toolbar icons (e.g. PSPad instead of PSPad_24)

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: mce | Date: 2014-10-15 19:16 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

Thanks for this new version. I think the code clips auto-completion is still not what it used to be, in the sense that it shows on shift+space list of clips even though the clips just start with the letters entered. I think before it worked better (using 2441 currently), if you entered something and it didn't match a clip name fully, it was not used.
The reason I need this is because I set auto-completion on Space (not shif+space) so if I type "in" space I don't need to see all the clips starting with "in". I need to be able to type in full code clip name like index and have it auto-completed, not partials.
Is this something that can be changed back to how it was?

Thank you,
Cristian

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-15 19:43 | IP: IP Logged

Autocompletion (default Ctrl+J) isn't the same as Run clip (default Shift+Space)
It means you redeclared Run clip (Shift+Space) to Space shortcut, right?

I will wait for reactions and there are 2 possible results:
1) return back functionality - Run Clip won't show list if no clip exists
2) there will be new option what allows you show/hide list if entered clip doesn't exist

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: mce | Date: 2014-10-16 00:07 | IP: IP Logged

I said clip autocompletion, but I meant clip run, as you said.

Yes, I like it better with space because I can write code quicklier, for example I enter if space which will run the "if" clip to replace with
if <cursor position> then do:
end.

and be positioned in the right place, after the "if space", to enter my logic.
It comes naturally, don't have to stop and think to press Shift and space.

In my opinion, we need only to return to previous behaviour (to run the clip only if found a perfect match) because I think at this point there is no difference between Shift+Space and Ctrl+Space which also shows you a list of possible clips already.

So I find (and use all the time) previous behaviour better. This is what kept me from upgrading for numerous iterations now.

Thank you,
Cristian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-16 00:11 by mce.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: Spleendrivel | Date: 2014-10-16 16:58 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad,

Thank you Jan, for the best software replacement, IMHO, to the old Brief editor I used in the 80's & 90's.

I do have one question and I hope I am not being repetitive. Is there any way to add tags to the tag pairing functionaility? I am confused as to why <form></form> works, but not <body></body>, <html></html>, etc.

Thank you again for your dedication to this excellent project/application.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-16 17:16 | IP: IP Logged

Spleendrivel:
PSPad,

Thank you Jan, for the best software replacement, IMHO, to the old Brief editor I used in the 80's & 90's.

I do have one question and I hope I am not being repetitive. Is there any way to add tags to the tag pairing functionaility? I am confused as to why <form></form> works, but not <body></body>, <html></html>, etc.

Thank you again for your dedication to this excellent project/application.

I guess you are talking about pair tags highlight. Only tags what are useful and used more times are highlighted. Tags where is a chance you will forget to write the pair one. Each new pair decreases speed of program.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2014-10-16 19:00 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
Any chance on getting the icon updated for the tray and the context menu?
I like your new icon sets by the way.
Pete

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-16 19:02 by PGomersall.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2512) English

Posted by: Spleendrivel | Date: 2014-10-16 19:12 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for the explanation, too bad we can not decide on speed vs. functionality for ourselves.

Btw, I would not normally be concerned about matching tags e.g., body, but I am "fixing" someone elses old code and they did not seem to bother with any type of formatting or tag order for that matter.

Note: I thought I had donated previously, but could not find my name in your list so I did again just to be sure... : )

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR