You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2013-03-17 20:52 | IP: IP Logged

Shadeclan:
pspad:
I removed Formát in [default] menu item name. [See] if it help[s] you

On the plus side, I finally got a chance to upgrade PSPad on my Kubuntu box and it worked great! Thanks again, Jan! W00t! smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Jan: sorry - I guess I spoke too soon. I was doing some work today and tried to access the format menu. I got this error:

Exception description:
Get this exception when accessing format menu. Running PSPad from PlayOnLinux / Wine.

Internal Error: SyncHotKeyPosition Failed ("&Kamenickych (CP895)" <> "&Kamenických (CP895)").

Exception class: ETntInternalError
Exception address: 004F78DE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stack list, generated 3/17/2013 4:20:28 PM

Please do not post such log into the forum
send it rather to Jan by eMail
Thank you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program : C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\PSPad.exe 4.5.8 (2453)
System : Windows XP Professional x64, Version: 5.1, Build: A28, Service Pack 3
Processor: AMD, AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2200 MHz MMX
Display : 1920x1080 pixels, 32 bpp
Active Controls Hierarchy:
TPSSynEdit "Editor1"
TfChildEdit "fChildEdit"

Sorry - I will check more thoroughly in the future.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-04 20:00 by Stefan.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2013-04-16 23:23 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry, Jan. I'll send you an email with the error next time.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: ino | Date: 2013-05-03 22:01 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, recently I have switched to Linux and I run PSPad via Wine.

Today I installed PSPad and found out that there are menu items containing letters with accent that kills whole application.

In last full version it is "Formát" (kills application during its start), in last build it is "Kamenických" (kills application when opened menu Format).

Hope this info helps a bit.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-05-04 02:26 | IP: IP Logged

I dont know why is it. Maybe it depends of linux localisation. But it means, all PSPAD IDE needs to be localized. Its lot of work.
Can you try older pspad builds? Simple replace PSPAD.exe

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: ino | Date: 2013-05-10 08:38 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

I tried following:
1) today I upgraded to latest build 2453, the problem with Kamenických persists.

So I decided to downgrade to any older build to test behavior to see the difference.

I downgraded through versions 2449, 2447, 2445, 2441, 2437 - all had the same problem (Kamenických or Formát issue, in some cases part of main Menu was in Czech language).

Then I reached version 2433 where all seems to be OK, in main Menu - Format - Kamenickych (PC895) is without any accents, no application errors occurs!

Note: I noticed following behavior in newer versions such as 2455: when I try to open menu Format an "Application Error" window occurs (no menu is opened yet). When this window is closed with OK button it application starts to draw menu items from the top till "ANSI", then new "Application Error" occurs again and alert New1.txt with text: Internal Error: SynchHotKeyPosition Failed ("&Kamenických (CP895)" <> "&Kamenických (CP895)"). When this alert is closed with OK button rest of the menu Format is written with empty row on place where should be Kamenickych (PC895) item.

Note2: I am using last stable Wine 1.4.1 (emulating Windows XP Professional x64, Version: 5.1, Build: A28, Service Pack 3 according to PSPad application error log).

Hope those info helps you to identify the issue.

As I stated in previous post the issue is seems to be caused by the accents...smoking smiley

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-05-10 16:44 | IP: IP Logged

I don't understand version difference related to this problem.
When PSPad starts, it localize all strings with a selected localization.
When you start PSPAd, it's in czech language - all is include diacritical signs. After start English localization is applied and Kamenických is changed to Kamenickych.

Don't you use PSPad in English Linux with Czech or Slovak localization? There is a solution, to get Czech.INI from .\LANG folder, remove diacritical signs a save it e.g. as Czech_2.ini and choose it as default language.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: ino | Date: 2013-05-11 06:35 | IP: IP Logged

I over-wrote the PSPad.exe only during the downgrade, ie. all other files remains the same as for latest version 2455.
I have both Wine and Linux OS in English.
PSPad was downloaded from English thread here on the forum and I use it with English.

You are right there is problem with the lang file.

When I run PSPad.exe in empty folder it is loaded in Czech localization without any issues.
Then I created there folder Lang with only English.ini and .bmp files and run PSPad.exe is starts in English and starts reporting errors when opened Format menu as described before.

Note: there was reported similar issue with Formát. This issue I noticed in 2450 and was fixed in 2453. The very same issue (with Exception address: 004F78DE) is now with SyncHotKeyPosition Failed ("&Kamenickych (CP895)" <> "&Kamenických (CP895)").

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-05-11 09:46 | IP: IP Logged

It looks like Wine has a problem with menu localization. It compares state before and after localization.
I will try to investigate what can be done.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2013-05-11 10:01 | IP: IP Logged

Can you try this version?
www.dropbox.com

I disabled automatical menu hotkeys and set this property after menu is localized.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.8 (2453) English

Posted by: ino | Date: 2013-05-12 07:00 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Can you try this version?
www.dropbox.com

I disabled automatical menu hotkeys and set this property after menu is localized.

Tested in empty folder.
Without Lang/English.ini and .bmp works fine.
With Lang/English.ini and .bmp it eded with Sych error as before:

Internal Error: SyncHotKeyPosition Failed ("&Kamenickych (CP895)" <> "&Kamenických (CP895)").

Exception class: ETntInternalError
Exception address: 004F6642

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR