You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-02-16 13:05 | IP: IP Logged

Another thing to AC: It should not occur if PSPad has lost the focus or any menu item/function key (like CTRL-S/CTRL-R/CTRL-Z/...) was used.

And I agree with francheu, use of any function key should leave AC popup.

human

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: qlb1234 | Date: 2011-02-17 00:24 | IP: IP Logged

Hope the file change detection works well. Thanks!

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: clanman | Date: 2011-02-17 06:35 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan

I do like the improvements in this version.

For some time now I have been having intermittent success with the highlighting of the line of code which the VBScript engine reported back as being wrong (log parser).

Sometimes the line is highlighted but mostly it is not. The string I have in the log parser field is %F(%L, %C)%E.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: tscaffidi | Date: 2011-02-17 10:43 | IP: IP Logged

human:
2.2 Sometimes a line is highlighted as a comment on scrolling - I need to investigate that further.

Hi human,
a line is highlighted as a comment on scrolling when you set the cursor at column 8 after the "*" of a line commented and scroll the text. The lines are highlighted as a comment alternatively one yes and one no.

Moreover the comment inline for AcuCobol is set by a pipe "|" in any position of a row. For example:

EVALUATE SEL-VAL(1:1) | THIS IS A COMMENT
WHEN "1" SET VARZ-SCON TO TRUE | THIS IS ANOTHER COMMENT
WHEN "2" SET VARZ-PROV TO TRUE
WHEN "3" SET VARZ-FORN TO TRUE | ANOTHER COMMENT
END-EVALUATE

previously, i suggested setting of a char that identifies the comment from then on it

Bye,
Tonino

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-17 10:48 by tscaffidi.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: francheu | Date: 2011-02-17 11:58 | IP: IP Logged

human:
I like auto-complete during delete/backspace. The first build just didn't DO backspace/delete during AC but this is fixed now. Left/right keys leave the AC correct, too.

I agree, the problem came from the disabling of backspace/delete keys when the auto-complete window appeared.
As long as the keys work fine, there is no problem for me to have the AC displayed.
For left/right, do you mean the AC should be still displayed ? Because I use to navigate through the AC with up/down, that is why I want to have the AC closed once I type left/right.
Another problem in 2405 was that the AC window appeared during navigation (with left/right/up/down), which seemed to me very annoying. Now in 2411 this is no more the case, and it is really fine.
Thank you very much Jan !

--
François

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-02-17 12:17 | IP: IP Logged

To the wrong marked comments on scrolling: You're right.

To the pipe:
You can use *> (an inline comment how the COBOL standards define it) as inline comment in AcuCOBOL, too.
I'm not sure if it is wise to add an extension from ACU that no other vendor has. As it isn't used in standard COBOL anywhere else it may is OK.

human

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-02-17 12:23 | IP: IP Logged

francheu:
[...]
For left/right, do you mean the AC should be still displayed ?
[...]

No, I just wanted to show that all of these keys work fine.
The only annoying thing about AC in 2411 is that AC is shown after navigation when you start typing and navigate afterwards. AC pops up at the new position for the word underlying the cursor.
As written before the delay should be interrupted (and AC window be closed) if function keys / menu items are used.

human

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: RickH | Date: 2011-02-17 13:17 | IP: IP Logged

I get the "File contents were changed. Reload?" popup on a Samba share (Ubuntu server -> Windows 7). Intermittent, but often enough to be very annoying, especially since nearly everything I do with PSPad is on my server.

I like the addition of html5 tags to the multihighlighter, but <fieldset> still seems to be missing from the "must be closed" tags list.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-02-19 10:45 | IP: IP Logged

clanman:
Hi Jan

I do like the improvements in this version.

For some time now I have been having intermittent success with the highlighting of the line of code which the VBScript engine reported back as being wrong (log parser).

Sometimes the line is highlighted but mostly it is not. The string I have in the log parser field is %F(%L, %C)%E.

I need to see the error log line.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: francheu | Date: 2011-02-19 20:28 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,
The auto-complete is now more functional, thanks !
But I still have some improvement to propose grinning smiley :
- the auto-complete proposes numbers... is it possible to limit the list to keywords and words written in the file ?
- there is still the AC window shown when navigating, is it possible to made it appear only after a character has been typed, and not after using the arrows ?

--
François

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR