You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-05-26 09:16 | IP: IP Logged

Rollback doesn't help. The problems comes with Windows 7 and I don't know the reason.

You can switch off the doc check changes. Or i can prepare some testing application wat can show you file stamps.

This is a problem for some users only, not for all. It make hard to find reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-26 09:35 by pspad.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: c3k | Date: 2010-05-26 09:32 | IP: IP Logged

I don't use Windows 7, is there a change in the lib/sdk you use?

I really want help you to debug this problem, so ask me or send me whatever at: moreeasy@gmail.com

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-05-26 09:39 | IP: IP Logged

What I am doing now is:
when I open file, I use FindFirstFile() API, and from FindData I remember LastWriteTime.
After PSPad activation, i go through open files and check if LastWriteTime is same.
It means "something" is changing LastWriteTime of your files.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: papi | Date: 2010-05-26 10:27 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
What I am doing now is:
when I open file, I use FindFirstFile() API, and from FindData I remember LastWriteTime.
After PSPad activation, i go through open files and check if LastWriteTime is same.

So is this probably the reason for the thing, that when I open a new file from outside the editor, than all the already opened files pop up!?
Hmmm... when you have 10-20 opened files in the editor, it can be really disturbing - but maybe this is only my opinion.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: c3k | Date: 2010-05-26 10:56 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
What I am doing now is:

just guessing...:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.filesysteminfo.lastwritetime.aspx:
Note This method may return an inaccurate value, because it uses native functions whose values may not be continuously updated by the operating system.

When first called, FileSystemInfo calls Refresh and returns the cached information on APIs to get attributes and so on. On subsequent calls, you must call Refresh to get the latest copy of the information.

do you call Refresh method?

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: mschayna | Date: 2010-05-26 11:34 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
just guessing...:

msdn.microsoft.com:

This is from .NET specification, but I'm guessing that PSPad uses old plain Win32 API. So you must consult here:

msdn.microsoft.com

There is some note here:
In rare cases, file information on NTFS file systems may not be current at the time you call this function. To be assured of getting the current file information, call the GetFileInformationByHandle function.

But in this case, information is updated to newer date, so it looks like (maybe) some other application was open your files and PSPad detects it right.

Martin Schayna

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-05-26 11:35 | IP: IP Logged

papi:
So is this probably the reason for the thing, that when I open a new file from outside the editor, than all the already opened files pop up!?
Hmmm... when you have 10-20 opened files in the editor, it can be really disturbing - but maybe this is only my opinion.

I don't think so. This is checked on the background. I don't need activate each file for it.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-05-26 11:36 | IP: IP Logged

mschayna:
msdn.microsoft.com

There is some note here:
In rare cases, file information on NTFS file systems may not be current at the time you call this function. To be assured of getting the current file information, call the GetFileInformationByHandle function.

But in this case, information is updated to newer date, so it looks like (maybe) some other application was open your files and PSPad detects it right.

Martin Schayna

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-26 11:37 by pspad.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: holger | Date: 2010-05-27 13:51 | IP: IP Logged

First, I'm using XP Prof:
I agree the tabs of open file in PSPad are switching to the foreground, if I open another file about a external process (f.e.: doubleclick in Explorer on a registered file).
When I activate the last opened file, cascade the editorwindows of files in PSPad, and open then another file, the new file is in foreground (correct).
When I close that file the first file is activated (not the last which was before activated).

Please fix this!

Another request I made for that message when I delete a file and try to open another one!
I don't need that!

Reason:
For debugging it's often useful to rename a file for me to try again. Often that file is opened in PSPad, because I want to analyse it and edit it again.
In this case, I have no chance to open other files, only about disabling the whole filechecking (not wanted to!).
Please make it optional!

These 2 bugs (they are for me) came with Build 2386!

Thanks in advance!

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: vcarlsonn | Date: 2010-05-27 17:51 | IP: IP Logged

Hi!
please add in the menu "File - Open Special/Recent item" to open "all Recent files"

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR