You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: kiendlm | Date: 2010-01-09 20:51 | IP: IP Logged

massimobalestra:
I am working with this last patch right now.
Autoindent is on and I was able to disable the "scroll past EOL and EOF".

I also use these settings.

massimobalestra:
I often insert characters and then undo. Everything seems to work correctly to me.

Maybe we are talking of different bugs. If you would like to see what I mean, please try the following:

* Create a new C/C++ file (Select File/New..., in the following dialog select C/C++)

Now you have an empty main() function and the C/C++ Highlighter switched on.

* Put the cursor at the end of line 12 (behind the opening bracket {)
* Press <enter> to create a new line, then <TAB> and enter some text.
* Press <enter> again to initiate an autoindent action.

Now the cursor is exactly below the beginning of the text in the line above.

* Now press <Ctrl>+Z to undo your last action

You will notice that besides the line created by the step above also the closing bracket is gone. Generally, you will notice that in the line below the newly created line there will be as much characters lost beginning from the left as the autoindent action in the line deleted by the undo action had generated before. This has not been changed between build 2374 and 2381 and is dangerous because it can destroy the code you are working on. I'm only using the current build because I mostly don't use the undo function.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: c3k | Date: 2010-01-11 08:25 | IP: IP Logged

Autoindent bug still present sad smiley ...back to 2357...

Is there any change to how the program check for changes to opened file? Sometimes it don't get the change while is working on 2357.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: elxDraco | Date: 2010-01-11 10:04 | IP: IP Logged

Love the FTP fix, good work.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: Whitewater | Date: 2010-01-11 10:25 | IP: IP Logged

I can confirm that the <Ctrl>+Z bug is still there.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: ferry | Date: 2010-01-11 18:06 | IP: IP Logged

I've completed the test following all the steps you explained. In my case PSPad works fine, no problems. I think PSPad is very dependent on the configuration.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: hamasaki | Date: 2010-01-11 20:15 | IP: IP Logged

I don`t think I`m going to update PSPad anymore. My current version works great for what I need, so unless a feature comes along thats really useful for me, I`ll leave as is.

h

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: RickH | Date: 2010-01-15 18:52 | IP: IP Logged

This may be a more extension-specific issue, but this build seems to have broken (at least) the any_tag_close extension.

Instead of placing the close tag at the cursor, it's placed at the beginning of the line. Possibly the cursor position isn't being properly read.

In this case, you can get the extension working again by uncommenting line 105, although the page then scrolls, which might be why this line was commented out.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: Nattevandring | Date: 2010-01-20 18:00 | IP: IP Logged

About the UNDO bug, with 2381 it seems that after 5-6 CTRL + Z it deletes one character: using PSPad for the 90% as an HTML/CSS/ASP editor, it messes up tags so I noticed it for the first time. I've never experienced it in previous versions.

Anyway it's still THE BEST editor I've ever tried, and the only one I need winking smiley

--
...into the infinity of thoughts...

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: bobbydj | Date: 2010-01-25 08:40 | IP: IP Logged

Can you add regular expressions in "find in files..." ?

Thanks.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2381) English

Posted by: hankejh | Date: 2010-01-25 14:05 | IP: IP Logged

Oh man -- this undo bug is definitely* still present. It trashed a lot of my work in the wee hours last night and as mentioned by other users, seems to appear after repeated use. I have to roll back.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR