You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-02-25 23:21 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (2.1 MB):
pspad.siliconhill.cz
pspad.cincura.net

Notes on PSPad update versions:
this CAB archive contains PSPad.EXE and language files only. Unpack it with subfolders and replace existing files from the last full release

Changes to 4.5.4 (2342)

News
PHP highlighter - document comment, new keywords, ...

Corrections
ShortCut for New file for new PSPad installation
menu File / Open special doesn(t contains recent files after start
Autocomplete - problems with accented chars
E-mail address highlighting with char '+'
FTP - missing confirmation during rename file to existing one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-25 23:53 by pspad.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: zeeric | Date: 2009-02-26 07:34 | IP: IP Logged

hello
could the next step be the use of ctags ? it is the main miss of pspad i think now (with the code folding winking smiley)... being able to follow tags in a code...
thanks for the good work...

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: tscaffidi | Date: 2009-02-26 09:53 | IP: IP Logged

Ciao Jan,
I would suggest an improvement to your very useful program that I use with satisfaction grinning smiley and that advice continually to all my colleagues at work.
In the "Settings Hilighters" would be useful to indicate where or what number of ascii characters identify the comment line. This would avoid situations like the one you show below, where an apostrophe used within a comment is PSPad believe that everything that comes after is a string.
Using PSPad editor like COBOL but not all.
Hello, Tonino

imagegrinning smiley

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: c3k | Date: 2009-02-26 16:24 | IP: IP Logged

The new PHP highlighter don't select the full var name when doubleclicking on it!!! Now the name is selected but not the dollar character, why?

I need it for some macros, is possible to put it back?

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-02-26 16:53 | IP: IP Logged

tscaffidi:
Ciao Jan,
I would suggest an improvement to your very useful program that I use with satisfaction grinning smiley and that advice continually to all my colleagues at work.
In the "Settings Hilighters" would be useful to indicate where or what number of ascii characters identify the comment line. This would avoid situations like the one you show below, where an apostrophe used within a comment is PSPad believe that everything that comes after is a string.
Using PSPad editor like COBOL but not all.
Hello, Tonino

imagegrinning smiley

Sorry, but each language uses own rules for comments. Languages uses several types of comments, some comments are line comments, some are block comments.
PSpad highlights source on rules and highlight only visible part.
I think programmer should know it's language syntax and comment rules for language he use.
If PSpad highlighting is wrong, let me know

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: tscaffidi | Date: 2009-02-27 10:56 | IP: IP Logged

ok, in cobol comment line is identified by a * at 7 column.
But cobol dialect few accept the comment line starting with a special character (ie | - pipe).
For this, i suggested the possibility of including in Highlights Settings a field where type one or plus characters from what is considered the beginning of the comment.
For other examples go to: docs.hp.com

Bye, Tonino

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: °digit° | Date: 2009-02-27 21:52 | IP: IP Logged

c3k:
The new PHP highlighter don't select the full var name when doubleclicking on it!!! Now the name is selected but not the dollar character, why?

I need it for some macros, is possible to put it back?

Hi c3k,
I've had a similar probem while usinge the language 'AutoHotkey'. After a distressed night searching for a solution I found this workaound:
(Thread with my related question) -> forum.pspad.com
... maybe this will show u a direction ... hope so ;)

thx for your attention!
°digit°_____ò;Ó?__|:: Thx4PSPad!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-27 21:52 by °digit°.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: toralf | Date: 2009-03-01 14:40 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, I just tried the latest version (2346).
I found out that PSPad doesn't accept some keys when the KeyMap.INI file is only a subset of lines. E.g. only the Edit section with its keys and values is in the file.
Then PSPad doesn't accept Return, Delete or Tab key anymore.

Could this please be fixed? The program should work fine with a subset of the INI files. At least it did in the past.

Workaround: Create a full file, via the properties of PSPad then edit the settings in that file.

Thanks for listening.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-03-01 20:05 | IP: IP Logged

toralf:
Hi, I just tried the latest version (2346).
I found out that PSPad doesn't accept some keys when the KeyMap.INI file is only a subset of lines. E.g. only the Edit section with its keys and values is in the file.
Then PSPad doesn't accept Return, Delete or Tab key anymore.

Could this please be fixed? The program should work fine with a subset of the INI files. At least it did in the past.

Workaround: Create a full file, via the properties of PSPad then edit the settings in that file.

Thanks for listening.

There is no change. Directly you can't enter Enter, Del, TAB. Now and in the past too.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2346) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2009-03-02 09:26 | IP: IP Logged

Cobol syntax work fine for me, although there are some missing elements. I really like to help and update the syntax to the current COBOL 2008 draft, but I didn't found the syntax scheme. Where can I modify it?

If it's some way hard coded, can you please mail the according parts to me?

human

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-02 09:27 by human.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR