You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-03-04 12:44 | IP: IP Logged

Karl:
Why, as a first rough measure, not switch off WordWrap (if it was on) before loading any files and then switch it back on?

K.

It will switch wordwrap on after loading, but wordwrap takes a long time with big files

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Karl | Date: 2008-03-04 12:56 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Karl:
Why, as a first rough measure, not switch off WordWrap (if it was on) before loading any files and then switch it back on?

K.

It will switch wordwrap on after loading, but wordwrap takes a long time with big files

Not true. The ~15 files I am loading with both r2301 and r2310 are identical; loading them with WordWarp enabled doesn't take a long time with r2301 at all.

So there must be some significant change in your code between r2301 and r2308,09,10 which makes loading with WordWrap enabled extremely slow.

K.

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Whitewater | Date: 2008-03-04 14:27 | IP: IP Logged

Scrolling is also very slow now in r2309. Try scrolling a large file (1000 lines) down using PGDOWN.
You can see that r2309 is way slower than r2301.

In r2309, each time you press PGDOWN, you can see how pspad renders the screen, line by line. In r2301, if you press PGDOWN, you see the next page instantly.

You have the same effect when using ALT+TAB.

This also happens when starting pspad.exe from a clean directory.

ciao,
Thomas

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: hypert | Date: 2008-03-04 18:34 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
News
added Sessions support - it allows you save/restore open files state (session)
C# code explorer

I dropped a .cs file on my patched PSPad and got a "Not implemented for this file type" message in the Code Explorer.

The "About" window shows PSPad 4.5.4 (2309), so I think I did the patching right.

Am I doing something wrong for the C# code explorer? It works for other file types. There is no syntax-highlighting for C# either. Should there be?

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-03-04 19:07 | IP: IP Logged

And did fill in file type ftCSharp in the C# user highlighter?
Menu setting / User highlighter / open C#
fill in ftCSharp into FileType
Save and restart PSPad

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Tecno | Date: 2008-03-07 21:02 | IP: IP Logged

2 MAJOR BUGS IN THIS VERSION:

- FTP doesn't always work ! When opening some files, it sometimes blocks the PSPad software... Terminating/Closing the PSPad software and restarting is necessary ! Sometimes information and/or PSPad software settings are lost in the process... (FTP settings, Language Syntax , configurations, general .INI settings...)

- Setting a File in a USB Pen Disk Drive to read only, while using PSPad in "Portable Mode", in the same drive, affects the rest of the files and folders on that drive, and moves them to "Read Only" too !
And consequently erases all of the drives content, if you try to remove the "read-only" setting in the Windows Explorer Options Menu... Windows and PSPad booth give a writing error and "puff..." that's it for all you had on the drive ! I just lost some days work today... sad smiley

I was working with a COBOL file (Batch with SQL), and had set the file to read-only, and then put it back into editing, with the "padlock" key, when I tried to save it again, it gave a write error, Windows gave an error after ("Delayed Writing Error"), when I checked in Windows Explorer, all of the contents of my pen drive where in "Read-Only" mode (PSPad did this ! Not me...), when trying to disable it in the options menu, all of the contents of the drive were erased ! yawning smiley

--------------------------------|------------------------

I would also like to propose some improvements to PSPad:

- An option to import FTP Setting INI file from another PSPad instalation... (I really don't understand why you can import FTP Settings from other clients, that are saved in .INI and cannot do the same with FTP Settings from another PSPad instalation, since PSPad saves the configurations for the accounts in .INI files...)

- An option to open files in an FTP server, without the need to browse the contents of the FTP Folders, because this sometimes blocks the PSPad software and it "crashes"...

I don't know if your familiarized with UltraEdit, but it has an option to open directly from FTP and save directly too, by just inserting the file name you wish to open/save in a text box, since all the rest of the url and settings for the FTP account, are already contained in the settings...

I hope this BUG REPORT and IMPROVEMENT REQUEST, can really help ! winking smiley

PSPad is great, it's a pitty these annoying bugs...

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Patrik | Date: 2008-03-11 07:31 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
And did fill in file type ftCSharp in the C# user highlighter?
Menu setting / User highlighter / open C#
fill in ftCSharp into FileType
Save and restart PSPad

I tried described option, but I have no ftCSharp option it file type dropdown box. Any advice?
Thanks
Patrik

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-03-11 08:04 | IP: IP Logged

Patrik:
I tried described option, but I have no ftCSharp option it file type dropdown box. Any advice?
Thanks
Patrik

Did you download the latest BUILD from forum?

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Patrik | Date: 2008-03-11 08:09 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Patrik:
Thanks
Patrik

Did you download the latest BUILD from forum?

I redownload it and now it's here. But in Code Explorer I cannot see any function, only main class name. Any way how to change it?
Thanks
Patrik

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-03-11 08:13 | IP: IP Logged

Di you set ftCSharp and not ftCPP ?
Send me some source sample. I made C# code explorer from one user information. It's possible that there is something worng

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR