You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-02-25 18:51 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (1.7 MB):
pspad.siliconhill.cz
pspad.cincura.net

Notes on PSPad update versions:
this CAB archive contains PSPad.EXE and language files only. Unpack it with subfolders and replace existing files from the last full release

Changes to 4.5.4 (2303)

News
import FTP settings from FileZilla 3 is now supported
Command window supports program variables

Corrections
SQL Code explorer - TYPE parsing
FTP client doesn't show file size for files over 2.3GB
Code explorer - comments parsing
TCL/TK highlighter and escaped strings
Project statistics / File information - program doesn't work with current encoding
Scripting support - openFileFromFTP(), problem with local path after CWD command

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: andybridges | Date: 2008-02-26 08:57 | IP: IP Logged

Ah, thx for the new build. I see you fixed the annoying whitespace / ghost character bug. Thanks - that was driving me crazy.

I'm still seeing the Shift+ShortCut key bug though...

Binding a script to "Shift+F5" for example causes the script file to be opened when you try and use that shortcut instead of executing it.

It doesn't happen if you bind Ctrl+Shift+Key or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Key

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: Karl | Date: 2008-02-26 09:18 | IP: IP Logged

Unfortunately this version (as well as the one before it) is *completely* unusable on my setup.

I have a project which loads about 15 source files at startup. With r2301 and previous versions loading pspad itself and all opened source files took about 3 secs.

The last two releases take much, much longer: I wait for something like 30 secs now and I can watch as file after file is slowly hauled into memory.

I will stick with r2301 for the time being. Alas if future versions are like that I will sooner or later have to look for a replacement for pspad sad smiley

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: owilsky | Date: 2008-02-26 09:23 | IP: IP Logged

andybridges:
Ah, thx for the new build. I see you fixed the annoying whitespace / ghost character bug. Thanks - that was driving me crazy.

Binding a script to "Shift+F5" for example causes the script file to be opened when you try and use that shortcut instead of executing it.

I can confirm this.

--
Oliver Kötter

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-02-26 10:36 | IP: IP Logged

Karl:
Unfortunately this version (as well as the one before it) is *completely* unusable on my setup.

I have a project which loads about 15 source files at startup. With r2301 and previous versions loading pspad itself and all opened source files took about 3 secs.

The last two releases take much, much longer: I wait for something like 30 secs now and I can watch as file after file is slowly hauled into memory.

I will stick with r2301 for the time being. Alas if future versions are like that I will sooner or later have to look for a replacement for pspad sad smiley

I don't know wha's hapend on your machine. In my opinion files are loaded much more quickly.
Maybe somebody confirm yur problem and we will find a reason.

Can you tell me what kond of files, how big, code explorer is active e.t.c. ?

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-02-26 10:38 | IP: IP Logged

andybridges:

I have to find another way how to enable quick script editing...

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: Billy | Date: 2008-02-26 10:51 | IP: IP Logged

TextDiff throws exception.
Reproducible: always.
Steps to reproduce:
Select 2 files in Explorer, right-click em, click on "PSPad TextDiff" --> Exception.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: Karl | Date: 2008-02-26 12:02 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Karl:

I don't know wha's hapend on your machine. In my opinion files are loaded much more quickly.

I am loading a mixture of plain text files and Perl and C files.

With the older releases (r2301 and before) pspad itself loads in about a second and then there is much flickering of the mouse pointer (but no other screen activity) and about two seconds later I have all tabs filled and am ready to edit.

With the last two releases pspad alone takes about two or three seconds to load and then every single file that is being loaded is shown in the title bar. Loading a file takes much longer than it did before.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: Leggless | Date: 2008-02-26 12:34 | IP: IP Logged

Karl:
pspad:
Karl:

I am loading a mixture of plain text files and Perl and C files.

With the older releases (r2301 and before) pspad itself loads in about a second and then there is much flickering of the mouse pointer (but no other screen activity) and about two seconds later I have all tabs filled and am ready to edit.

With the last two releases pspad alone takes about two or three seconds to load and then every single file that is being loaded is shown in the title bar. Loading a file takes much longer than it did before.

Same here.
Pspad start up takes longer than r2301. I usually start pspad before opening any files.sad smiley

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2308) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-02-26 12:45 | IP: IP Logged

OK, I will try to find a differences.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR