You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

#61 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: owilsky | Date: 2007-04-23 13:56 | IP: IP Logged

Did you check the "Add Cr+Lf to Eof" option in Program Settings/ Editor (part 1) ?

--
Oliver Kötter

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#62 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: microalps | Date: 2007-04-23 14:01 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks Fred! Figured it must have been by design, question was (is) why. Anyhow, IMHO, the default shouldn't be that way (if it is), but either way fantastic app!

Moderator: You could split my related threads off of this one and move it to the relevant forum category.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-23 14:03 by microalps.

#63 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: imiglikos2 | Date: 2007-05-11 07:42 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,
I've got a large file with names (about 900 lines, 30 words space separated each line):
For example:
romario1786 CaptainNash muckimaus25 cico phantomks andreas1105 sweetlili89 maydayofficer LittleHenni babygirl0201 xfreshx blackravenheart intoeternity23 simonnn anjalea Michael11984 m1cha18 stylerchica88 luckyone4u biest28 sweet_polin lehrbergplayer husky00000 Jupiter-1982 franzimausi8484 feuerdrachen alffiny marques23 Matulka xyz1954

Now I try to split the lines via regex-search an replace (the whole file): search for SPACE, replace by \n - the message means about 13.000 hits.

BUT, only the first ca. 30 lines are splitted... the rest stay as "long" lines, unseparated. Even if you retry to replace the SPACEs, it only will split the first few lines.

Is it a bug?

#64 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-05-11 08:00 | IP: IP Logged

Go to end of the file and set (o)Backward direction in the Search/Replace dialog

#65 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: imiglikos2 | Date: 2007-05-11 09:07 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Go to end of the file and set (o)Backward direction in the Search/Replace dialog

Thanks, it seem to work pretty fine this way.
But it's more a workaround the the normal behavior,
doesn't it? Is it possible to search/replace via "entire scope"? Or is there a certain reason for this backward-cheat?

#66 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: tretton | Date: 2007-05-12 13:50 | IP: IP Logged

Hi!

PSPad is a great editor, and there is only one thing that still nags me: the whitespace trimming on end-of-lines. It's a great feature, but it's pretty inconsistent (or at least confusing) as it is now.

For example, if I am coding away at indentation level 2 (which is 8 spaces for me), and press enter, I end up one line below and 8 spaces from the left margin, which is nice. If I immediately (without typing anything) press enter again, I'm of course taken down one line, still 8 spaces from the margin, but the previous line now contains 8 spaces only! They never get trimmed! Not even when I save the file!

I think that this feature is best implemented when the trimming only occurs on file save. The editor shouldn't alter anything until you save the file. I'm rather confused as to how this actually works in its current state.

Just my two cents!
-tretton

#67 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: owilsky | Date: 2007-05-14 07:25 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
doesn't it? Is it possible to search/replace via "entire scope"? Or is there a certain reason for this backward-cheat?

I would also like to know that.

--
Oliver Kötter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-14 07:26 by owilsky.

#68 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-05-14 08:20 | IP: IP Logged

imiglikos2:
Thanks, it seem to work pretty fine this way.

PSPad search/relace engine (part of the component) is stupid. Is necessary to write new one.

#69 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: owilsky | Date: 2007-05-14 08:35 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
PSPad search/relace engine (part of the component) is stupid.

OK, so I understand that this engine is part of the SynEdit component?

pspad:
Is necessary to write new one.

OK, will YOU do that, or are you waiting if the authors of SynEdit will do it?

Tell me about the future winking smiley

--
Oliver Kötter

#70 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2262) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-05-14 09:18 | IP: IP Logged

owilsky:
OK, will YOU do that, or are you waiting if the authors of SynEdit will do it?

Tell me about the future winking smiley

Wait for anything from Synedit is fruitless I thing, because in the Synedit forum wasn't new topic very long time.
I have dilemma now. Continue with Synedit or replace it?
I am testing PlusMemo component. It has very good architecture, user defined highlighter include reg.expression in highligters suport, some code folding support e.t.c. And PlusMemo is live.

But if I decide it, I will not replace it only, but rework whole program. And it is serious decision.

I can publish some sample with PlusMemo I made.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR