You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2250) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2250) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2250) English

Posted by: Tgus | Date: 2006-12-21 13:13 | IP: IP Logged

Lolo:

Simply create this line:
azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty

Go to the begin of the line
Try to replace azerty by 0123456789

azerty is replaced only 4 times

0123456789 0123456789 0123456789 0123456789 azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty azerty

I hope this bug will be fixed in the next build.

I have just verified this myself in this build (2250)english.
Also, if I open the Find/Replace window again I see that 0123456789 is now in the FIND field instead of azerty. And if I correct it by putting azerty back into the FIND field, it will only work once. It then reverts back to 0123456789 in the FIND field again.

What's up with that? sad smiley

However, I can't think of anytime that I might need to replace the same word (or string) that's repeated over and over again right in a row like this!

Upon further testing; I was able to test FIND/REPLACE for the same word (azerty) on multiple lines where the word I was replacing was in the line at least once, (sometimes more than once) and it worked just fine on every occurrence. I only tested this with nine (9) of the same word. (but that's more than 4!)

Again I opened the FIND/REPLACE window after I had completed that test and found that the word "the" was in the FIND field. The word "the" was not anywhere near the last replaced word. NOT before and NOT after!

I had the original test line towards the top of my test file while I tested this other paragraph. So when I finished this test, I moved my cursor to a blank line above the line with the string azerty repeated as Lolo described.
After changing the FIND field back to azerty. I ran the original test again, and it changed every occurrence correctly! tongue sticking out smiley

Again I opened the FIND/REPLACE window after I had completed that test and found that the string 0123456789 was in the FIND field.

In summary; FIND/REPLACE does work but there are problems with it. And I don't think I would use it without having it prompt me for every occurrence it finds just yet. I couldn't be sure it didn't stop working half way through, or that it might grab a different word and start replacing that one instead! (that could be scary!) yawning smiley

HTH!

Tgus

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2250) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2006-12-21 13:50 | IP: IP Logged

Tgus:
Also, if I open the Find/Replace window again I see that 0123456789 is now in the FIND field instead of azerty. And if I correct it by putting azerty back into the FIND field, it will only work once. It then reverts back to 0123456789 in the FIND field again.

What's up with that? sad smiley

I guess, the input line Find in the search and replace dialog tries to catch the word under cursor (or the actual selection) automatically; this may cause the described behaviour (I'm not quite sure, if the cursor always returns to the original position, but it might do so.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-21 13:50 by vbr.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2250) English

Posted by: cculbert | Date: 2006-12-21 16:22 | IP: IP Logged

I have found an issue in the HTML Multihighlighter

If I have a large htm file with javascript included the incorrect syntax is selected, it is left as html and not html multihighlighter. After doing some testing I have found that the file cannot be over 150000 bytes, if the file is less than 150000 bytes it works correctly. If the file is to large it cannot pick the html multi.

Otherwise I love the editor, keep up the work.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2250) English

Posted by: jgodfrey | Date: 2006-12-21 17:21 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

I know I've mentioned this before, but there's been an issue for a number of builds with the "Find" command's ability to wrap around the end of a file that would seem to be simple to fix.

As long as the "settings | program settings | confirmation | ask if ok to wrap" is *checked*, PSPad works correctly. When it reaches the last match in a document, it asks if it's OK to wrap the search back to the top. When that option is *unchecked*, the search does not wrap around the end of the document like it should. It just beeps and remains on the last match. This has been broken for quite a number of builds, but used to work correctly.

Any chance of getting Find to properly (and silently) wrap around the end of a document?

Thanks very much for your consideration.

Jeff

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2250) English

Posted by: David Boh | Date: 2006-12-24 20:41 | IP: IP Logged

Cool.... Thanks for the new release.

I am enjoying the nice new code explorer.smiling smiley

Just a feature suggestion. Is it possible to have a open file function paste to another file. In PHP this happens a lot as a file holds all the functions and the other files that does a job that uses the common function.

I suggest this feature to function like this:
I view the file with the common function. I select a button on the code explorer that says "sticky" (we will find a better name for this button later). The I select the view the target file from the file tab. Since I select "sticky" the code explorer still show the file with common function. Then I select the function to paste in my target file. Once I did that, the code explorer will switch back to show code of my target file.

Ideally, this feature is to have code explorer list all the code function/variables group by files. So user can select the file (with common functions) and the code function will show. Then select the function to paste to target files while viewing the target file.

I believe this feature will bring PSPad editor to the next level.

Merry Christmas and have a nice weekend.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2250) English

Posted by: 0053r | Date: 2006-12-26 02:05 | IP: IP Logged

There are a couple of problems that are plaguing the PSPad beta builds since build 2244.

Problem 1: Missing separator under tool bars
-------------
If you compare builds up to and including 2243, you will notice that the tool bar has a separator at the bottom (separating the tool bar from the tab bar). This is gone from all subsequent builds.

Problem 2: Tabs not visibly restored
-------------
Normally, if you have "Save Work / Desktop" enabled, under Settings --> Program Settings --> Files and Dirs, all your tabs and views are restored when you next launch PSPad. With all builds after 2243, only the active document is visible, and there is no tab bar, until you do something that causes the tab bar to be refreshed (e.g. create or open a new document, change program settings, etc). Even then the separator between tool bar and tab bar still remains invisible.

Based on the above, it appears that both problems are the same and are actually caused by a bug with the tab bar.

Windows XP, SP2 + IE7

#17 Lua Comments

Posted by: Bozo_Anonymous | Date: 2006-12-27 18:36 | IP: IP Logged

Ah, Lua multiline comments - Thanx !

#18 Re: Lua Comments

Posted by: Xandros | Date: 2006-12-27 20:55 | IP: IP Logged

The XHTML Multihighlighter seems to have some issues when using tags inside strings.

#19 Re: Lua Comments

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2006-12-29 11:21 | IP: IP Logged

This is a known issue and has been discussed over and over and over. Switch to PHP highlighting and it's fine.

--
Carbonize

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2250) English

Posted by: BillO | Date: 2006-12-30 21:32 | IP: IP Logged

I am amazed and impressed at how much energy and dedication has been put into
this project and I want to thank you for each and every release.

I've had a particular (minor) issue with the Replace for a long time but
didn't think it was worth mentioning. However, since it's come up I thought I
would also throw in my two cents if it helps at all.

My issue is a little different than the problem that was stated above but
may be related to it.

Example:
I want to take a comma delimited file and replace the commas with a line
return (\n) so that a list like this:
would display in a column like this
... and so on.

Using Replace:
Find=,
Replace=\n
Prompt Each Replace checked
Regular Expressions unchecked
Entire Scope=True
Global=True

I get the following results.

The Confirmation dialog prompts to [Replace this Occurrence? "," -> "\n"] for
each comma but in the editor what is highlighted is the second character back
from the comma. (The numbers I've bracketed below are what it highlights
on each prompt.]

4[5]6,7[8]9,30[3]1,323[3]3,3536[3]8,39404142[4]3,[4]4,45[4]6,474849

It seems to get lost after the first replace.

I've tried different variations to see if I could find a workaround but
no luck so far.

Thanks,
Bill

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR