You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

#1 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-09 18:41 | IP: IP Logged

Download link: pspad.cincura.net (1.7 MB) updated 11/10/2006 15:53 SEC

Notes on PSPad update versions:
this CAB archive contains PSPad.EXE and language files only. Replace existing files from the last full release

Changes to 4.5.3 (2243)

News
new toolbar - neccessary for future user modification

Corrections
offset in HEX editor doesn't accept Hex editor settings
recent files hotkeys
left gutter font after format/font changes
LOG font problems, fixed fonts spaces
print selected block prints additional line
FTP file list with VMS server

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-10 14:53 by pspad.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: toralf | Date: 2006-11-09 21:19 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

I tested this new version. As I mentioned in this post before, this bug still exists.

Quote:
How to reproduce it:
- create a "Lorem ipsum" text with some paragraphs (e.g. 4)
- have "word wrap lines" active (Ctrl+W or View->word wrap lines)
- place cursor in last paragraph
- use "Edit->Lines Manipulation->Swap with Line Above" several times.

Result:
The previously word wraped lines are now single lines (the words that had been wraped to the next lines are deleted).

Words are not deleted when "word wrap lines" is in-active.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-09 21:37 | IP: IP Logged

I am not able to correct all. I am hurry now, I correct things what I was able to correct simply.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: Reeves | Date: 2006-11-10 05:31 | IP: IP Logged

can u improve the speed of openning files,why it become so slow?when i open a 2MB xml,i must wait for almost 20sec.i don't find any problem in speed with old version.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-10 06:33 | IP: IP Logged

Reeves:
can u improve the speed of openning files,why it become so slow?when i open a 2MB xml,i must wait for almost 20sec.i don't find any problem in speed with old version.

This is strange. Do yuo have Code explorer visible ? In this case PSPad parse your file after you open in in the code explorer.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: wal | Date: 2006-11-10 06:55 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

New problem with increased space between characters, which wasn't in build 2243. Using font Dina.

Text in build 2243 is shown correctly:
"Text"

Text in build 2244 shown like this:
" T e x t "

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-10 06:59 | IP: IP Logged

Synedit component is terrible in this case.
OK, I will tune up it.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: toralf | Date: 2006-11-10 07:02 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I am not able to correct all. I am hurry now, I correct things what I was able to correct simply.

That is ok, it would just be nice if you could reply on a bug report that you can reproduce the bug and that you put it on your own list of bugs. Then I would know that it will be corrected someday and do not have to post it again. Otherwise I have the impression that you either didn't read my post or couldn't reproduce the bug and just ignored the report.
Thanks anyway for this great editor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-10 07:03 by toralf.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: Markus Kiendl | Date: 2006-11-10 07:31 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

thanks for the new build. PSPad is one of the best editors I know. I'm not quite sure what you mean with the

Quote:
left gutter font after format/font changes

correction, as after changing the font everything is displayed correctly, as it was in the previous few versions. The real problem with the left gutter is that when you simply open a file, the font taken for the line numbers on the left gutter is a little bit smaller than it is for the editor and the top ruler. Therefore everything in the editor control starts a little bit too far on the left, which leds to the column 80 mark being displayed near colunm 79. The larger the editor font is set the better you can see this. After changing the font one time, everything is displayed correctly - for the file you have opened at this time and as long as this instance of pspad is running. As soon as you restart pspad or open another file, the display is wrong again as I described. This behaviour can be watched at least since the last 5 or 6 versions.

Additionally, I'd like to remind of the bug with the print preview I posted a couple of weeks and versions ago. If you maximize the pspad window, open the print preview for a file (regardless of what type and highlighter) and select fit to page or page witdh as zoom factor, the text on the print preview has additional horizontal spacing between all chars wich corrupts the display. If you now resize the print preview window by dragging the left side of it with the mouse, text toggles between being displayed correctly and being displayed with the faulty additional horizontal spacing between the chars. It looks to me like there is some rounding error when calculating the horizontal font size.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-10 07:48 | IP: IP Logged

toralf:
That is ok, it would just be nice if you could reply on a bug report that you can reproduce the bug and that you put it on your own list of bugs. Then I would know that it will be corrected someday and do not have to post it again. Otherwise I have the impression that you either didn't read my post or couldn't reproduce the bug and just ignored the report.
Thanks anyway for this great editor.

Can you imagine how much bugreports I got per day ?
Sorry, but test all bugreports and aswer online is work dor several people.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR