You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-01 11:31 | IP: IP Logged

Jon:
Okay, I give up.

It is now for four versions (2238..2241) that the Next/Previous Window bug is in PSPad. The "Next Window" entry is also still not back in the Window menu.

This bug means that I can't use PSPad (without changing the habits of a lifetimesad smiley ). A pity but so be it. Or perhaps I go back to the last version without that bug.

OK. Can you decribe me your problem with 2241 build ?
I don't understand you

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: Jon | Date: 2006-11-01 12:18 | IP: IP Logged

forum.pspad.com
messages #19, #22, #23

forum.pspad.com
messages #7-10

But here we go once more:
1. I have set-up Alt-N and Alt-P (in the Key Map) as shortcuts for "Window/Next Window" and "Window/Previous Window". I DO NOT USE CTRL-TAB FOR THAT!!!
2. Start PSPad with a few files loaded... switching between the open files with Alt-P and Alt-N works fine.
3. Click into the Tool panel, eg the project pane. Focus goes there. Do something.
4. Click into the file window that was active. Focus goes there and you can now edit the file.
5. But now, switching between the open files with Alt-P and Alt-N doesn't work any more --> these now ONLY switch the panes in the Tool panel. The only way around that is to re-start PSPad.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: Pierre.Brico | Date: 2006-11-01 15:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

Thanks for this new build. I have a look on the new Cobol code explorer. I can see improvements but still things to correct.
In the DATA DIVISION, all level 01 or 77 should appear in the tree explorer. For now, only upper levels are visible (WORKING-STORAGE).
In the PROCEDURE DIVISION, only paragraph names should appear. For now, paragraph names and all statements/variables terminated by a dot are present. That means I see END-IF and others variables in this tree part which is not correct.

Best regards,
Pierre

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-01 16:16 | IP: IP Logged

I don't know Cobol. Please make and send me a short example what demonstrates problem.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2006-11-02 10:31 | IP: IP Logged

Jon:
1. I have set-up Alt-N and Alt-P (in the Key Map) as shortcuts for "Window/Next Window" and "Window/Previous Window". I DO NOT USE CTRL-TAB FOR THAT!!!

It seems, that Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl+Shift+Tab are also assigned for switching windows somwhere else than in KeyMap.

After changing these shortcuts the new ones work for switching (only without Tool panel and log displayed) but Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl+Shift+Tab also work simultanouosly (despite not being set in KeyMap) - under all circumstances since 2241.

While I'm using the default shorcuts, I'm happy with this solution, but maybe it's a kind of non-standard - for using other shortcuts.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: Jon | Date: 2006-11-02 12:06 | IP: IP Logged

Okay, so what part of "I DO NOT USE CTRL-TAB FOR THAT" don't you understand?

If that works well for you, congrats. However, the way I've set up things WITHOUT USING CTRL-TAB used to work perfectly well with PSPad. It did so for years. But it doesn't now and I fail to see why.

As I said, I give up. I'll go back to whatever was the last working version and that is that. Or perhaps I get used to that Ctrl-Tab crap.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-02 13:15 | IP: IP Logged

Ctrl+Tab, Shift+Ctrl+Tab are system keys (MDI interface keys), same as Ctrl+F6 and Shift+Ctrl+F6 designed by MDI interface.
If you assign Ctrl+Tab to some actions in KeyMap, it has higher priority then interface handling.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2006-11-02 13:15 | IP: IP Logged

To Jon:
I understood your all-caps-text quite well, I hope.
I only wanted to point out a kind of strange behaviour: Ctrl+Tab works even if it isn't set in KeyMap. Maybe this could be a possible source of your problem; but only the developer can fix it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-02 13:17 by vbr.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-02 13:28 | IP: IP Logged

vbr:
To Jon:
I understood your all-caps-text quite well, I hope.
I only wanted to point out a kind of strange behaviour: Ctrl+Tab works even if it isn't set in KeyMap. Maybe this could be a possible source of your problem; but only the developer can fix it.

Yes, I will fix it.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2241) English

Posted by: Jon | Date: 2006-11-02 16:37 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Ctrl+Tab, Shift+Ctrl+Tab are system keys (MDI interface keys), same as Ctrl+F6 and Shift+Ctrl+F6 designed by MDI interface.
If you assign Ctrl+Tab to some actions in KeyMap, it has higher priority then interface handling.

Sigh. I have never assigned Ctrl-Tab to anything. I do not use Ctrl-Tab. REPEAT: I DO NOT USE CTRL-TAB AT ALL!

All I did, a long time ago, was assigning Alt-P to Window/Previous Window and Alt-N to Window/Next Window. And this worked fine for ages, thank you. It stopped working four versions ago and since then I am not only trying to get this bug fixed... it seems impossible to even explain it in the first place. Probably my linguistic abilities are to blame.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR