You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

#41 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-15 16:12 | IP: IP Logged

This problem occured if you use this build first time or today only or... ?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#42 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-15 16:14 | IP: IP Logged

OK

#43 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-15 18:25 | IP: IP Logged

To renew the clip shortcuts call the cliplist (Ctrl+Space) or switch to the another window (with different syntax) and back

#44 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-16 09:12 | IP: IP Logged

Code explorer doesn't parse code, it go through code with defined regular expressions.
Because the function definition of JavaScript and PHP is same, I am not able to make differences.

#45 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: henry | Date: 2005-10-17 13:43 | IP: IP Logged

Can I suggest some concept on how to get code explorer right?

Is it possible to make a copy of the file content (may be in memory or externally) then remove all the text inside single quote, double quote (e.g ' and "). Then pass the result to the existing code explorer regular expression. This will effective allow the current regular expressions algorithm to get the code explorer display correctly.

Steps Summary:

1. Filter out all text inside single quote and double quotes.
2. Apply the regular expressions to extract the code explorer items, base the programming syntax.

Future you can have:
1. Filter out all text inside single quote and double quotes.
2. Filter out all remarks lines base on programming syntax.
3. Apply the regular expressions to extract the code explorer items, base the programming syntax.

This I hope will easily get the code explorer correct all the time even remarks will not have a problem if we did the filter first base on programming language.

I hope this will help

#46 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: Semi | Date: 2005-10-17 13:55 | IP: IP Logged

Re to memory usage:

PsPad retains the peak memory usage. When you close more files, the memory is not released. This is nature of Fast memory manager... The original Borland memory manager does not have this problem, but is much more slow - which influences overall editor speed!

Then - IE loads about 15 DLLs for html preview, some of which create their own heaps. IE also loads more NLS pages (26 on my computer)...

To release the unneeded memory (ie put it into a swap-file), just minimize the program. When another application requires memory, it will get swapped...
The best practice for a program with lot memory used - minimize and open again to let it repaint and not swap-out that what is needed...

Re to disk usage:

When you have cluster-size 32k (or 64k), the bunch of small ini-files takes very much space. The guy above asks, which files can be spared:
As I think:
For ex. - delete unneeded clip definitions, language definitions which you will never use etc...

If you are not sure - move the files anywhere and ZIP them into 1 backup file, so that they do not take that much space, but you could restore them, once you find you miss them... (The same rule as for clearing unneeded files from windows...)

Re to Jume - caret artifacts:

I've found the same. These artifacts seem to happen only with these 3 conditions ?
- Highlighter
- ActiveLine coloring
- Font, that is thinner than Courier New, which is used during edit-control creation...

Re to "switch lines" problem:
- Should it have been caused by my suggestion - than FULL selected lines must be taken (ie. prolonge the selection automatically to contain whole lines!)

Re to "file with spaces":

The registry HKCR\.txt\Shell\Open\Command registration should use quoted "%1" ?
Does this solve your problem?

Sorry for mixing more opinions into 1 post...

#47 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-17 15:20 | IP: IP Logged

Nice idea.
What brings it to me (except it will be slow on bigger files) ?
Each language uses the different string quotation, (included quotes, escaped quotes).
If you want to make an universal processor what removes comments, strings and let code only, I suggest you try it on several different source codes.

#48 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: Thomas | Date: 2005-10-17 15:22 | IP: IP Logged

henry wrote:

> 1. Filter out all text inside single quote and double quotes.
> 2. Apply the regular expressions to extract the code explorer
> items, base the programming syntax.

I don't like this idea. Currently the code explorer shows attributes of XML tags very nicely which would not be possible any more, if you remove everything between single or double quotes.

#49 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-18 05:13 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry, I don't understand your previous question.
SimpleFileTabs has no influence on the Taskbar name.

Why you want to have there name 'PSPad' instead of the current file name ?
Some users use multiinstance PSPad and they want to see the file name, not 4 times 'PSPad'

If you want to change this behaviour, write a topic into the English discusion forum. If more users will accept it, I will do it.

#50 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: henry | Date: 2005-10-19 04:39 | IP: IP Logged

Currently I write program for PHP and Perl will try this two and see how. If any one has a sample source code, please email me. henry@macrocraft.com

Thomas, I thing if pspad would do it, it should be apply to Programming Language source code, e.g C, C#, C++, Pascal, PHP, Perl, Java, Javascript, Foxpro, COBOL, Forth, Fortran, VBScript, Python, Visual Basic and KiXtart script.

XML in reality is not a Programming Language. So I think the implementation should only apply only to Programming Languages. TAG or Markup Languages should be remain untouch.
e.g of Markup Language in PSPad syntax are: XML, HTML, XHTML, RSS.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR