Posted by: Mike4Online | Date: 2023-07-19 17:40 | IP: IP Logged
This bug occurs with PsPad 5.0.7 (775) 32-bit running on Windows 10 64-bit. It has been around a long time.
Note: I manually installed the portable version of PsPad 32b into folder C:\Program Files (x86)\PsPad Editor, and set permissions on this folder and its contents so members of the local Users group have Full Permissions.
To reproduce this bug:
1. Run PsPad 32-bit and go to Settings, Program Settings, System integration and make sure Register in System context menu is CHECKED and that Registry is selected under the checkbox. Click OK to save settings.
2. Exit PsPad.
3. Run File Explorer
4. Locate a text file, right-click it, then from the shell context menu choose PsPad to open the file in PsPad.
5. Make a minor edit, then save and close the file.
6. From the File menu, choose Open Special/Recent:
The file you just opened (via context menu), edited and closed is NOT in the recent files list.
7. From within PsPad, go to File, Open and open the same text file.
8. Make another minor edit, then save and close.
9. From the File menu, choose Open Special/Recent:
The file you just opened, edited and closed IS now in the recent files list.
So the recent files list is working, but only for files explicitly opened from PsPad's File, Open menu pick. Files opened via the shell context menu are not registered in the Recent Files list.