You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: HTML/CSS-Bug and many crashes

Re: HTML/CSS-Bug and many crashes

#1 HTML/CSS-Bug and many crashes

Posted by: Gotcha | Date: 2023-04-11 09:30 | IP: IP Logged

I am currently using 5.07 (775) and can report the following:

When I open a CSS file, it cannot be edited via HTML/CSS code format or HTML/CSS code compress. Both menu items are not selectable (gray). A workaround is to create a new CSS file and copy the contents of the open file into it. Now the above mentioned menu items can be selected.

In general I have to say that PSPad crashes extremely often for me in the last years or can only be beeanden via an error message. Often when editing HTML files. I have tried both the 64 and the 32Bit version.

With the current beta it seems to run more stable, but I had to remove the version again, because the HTML preview does not work here. A window opens but without content.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: HTML/CSS-Bug and many crashes

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-04-11 09:40 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

When you open CSS file, as default is open in HTML multihighlighter - highlighter, what mixes many highlighters together.
If you want to compress/decompress CSS, change syntax to CSS or go to Program settings / Multihighlighter and disable open CSS files in HTML multihighlighter. It will open new CSS files in CSS highlighter

#3 Re: HTML/CSS-Bug and many crashes

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-04-11 09:42 | IP: IP Logged

Ensure please you really use 32b version.
Many users installed 64b version along to 32b version. In this case when you use explorer context menu or open file in editor, you will run last used PSpad.

#4 Re: HTML/CSS-Bug and many crashes

Posted by: Gotcha | Date: 2023-04-11 11:20 | IP: IP Logged

I use the 32b version, because the 64b with me altogether only trouble made.

That with the Multihighlighter is very well known to me and has so far also worked flawlessly. Only from the current version (not the beta) PSPad does not recognize the open CSS file as such. Behavior as written in my post!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR