You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Search In Files Results log window some lines aren't fully clickable

Search In Files Results log window some lines aren't fully clickable

#1 Search In Files Results log window some lines aren't fully clickable

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2021-05-11 09:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hi

There seems to be some oddness around the calculation that decides how much text there is on a search-in-files result line, and I can only double-click to select on (perhaps) the left-hand 60% of it?

Is there any reason why you can't just make it so I can click on the entire line (including the empty part to the right) as you can with the normal "Search Results" window?

Cheers

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Search In Files Results log window some lines aren't fully clickable

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2021-05-11 10:09 | IP: IP Logged

As an aside to this, is there any way you could make it so when you double-click a search result it takes the cursor to the actual position of the matching string? Or is that info not available at the time?

ie if I search for "wibble" and the line is

this is a string that contains wibble in it

double-clicking the line only takes the cursor to the start of the line, not the word itself. This means three times as much mouse movement as would be needed if the cursor went straight to the match itself.

#3 Re: Search In Files Results log window some lines aren't fully clickable

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-11 11:05 | IP: IP Logged

There is limit 256 chars per line in the treeview component + some info about line on the begin.
Behavior is given by TreeView control + complicated with Themes and user drawing.

To your second request, this information isn't currently available in search results.
I have to rewrite search in file result parts to be able move to searched expression after click

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-11 11:08 by pspad.

#4 Re: Search In Files Results log window some lines aren't fully clickable

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2021-05-11 13:40 | IP: IP Logged

Fair enough, I did wonder if there were restrictions like that.

I created a file with some differing-length strings and did a search-in-files for "abcdefghijk"

Line 4 (the one highlighted) can only be clicked up to the letter "u".

#5 Re: Search In Files Results log window some lines aren't fully clickable

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-11 14:29 | IP: IP Logged

gwinkless:
Fair enough, I did wonder if there were restrictions like that.

I created a file with some differing-length strings and did a search-in-files for "abcdefghijk"

I rewrote search in file results content. It will contains line, char position, so click will move you to search expression on line

I changed and simplified search window result. You can now click to any position in line. The previous limit was there due to user drawing before skins.

#6 Re: Search In Files Results log window some lines aren't fully clickable

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2021-05-11 16:05 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I rewrote search in file results content. It will contains line, char position, so click will move you to search expression on line

I changed and simplified search window result. You can now click to any position in line. The previous limit was there due to user drawing before skins.

Amazing, thanks smiling smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR