You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (509) save icon fault

Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (509) save icon fault

Goto Page: Previous1 2

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (509) save icon fault

Posted by: ramdem | Date: 2020-06-21 19:27 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

Thank you smiling smiley

Best regards

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (509) save icon fault

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2021-01-01 20:46 | IP: IP Logged

Saving seems to work but the indicators don't.

I use PSPad 5.0.4.(543) (installed Dec.31, 2020) but I think this problem arose earlier in the day so it may relate to the previous version as well.

I run PSPad on a desktop Windows 10 computer, screen resolution 1920x1080. I usually have 5 html files open while I work. One is very big (54000 rows, 16.4 mb).

When you make a change to an html file, a little red marker appears on the tab at the top, and a little yellow save icon appears at the bottom of the screen. Clicking the yellow icon has always saved the file until yesterday. Or the file can be saved from the File dropdown menu.

The red mark and the yellow icon are supposed to disappear when the file has been successfully saved.

Since yesterday, the markers don't go away in the big file, whichever way I've saved it. The save action does seem to have worked - I've rebooted PSPad and reopened the file and confirmed the changes I wrote and saved [Alt F S] are there, but the red mark and the yellow icon are still visible so there's no visible confirmation.

I tested a change/save on one of the smaller files, and the icons behave normally with it, so maybe it's a problem with file size. However, if others experience the problem, maybe it's a bug?

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (509) save icon fault

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2021-01-01 21:18 | IP: IP Logged

I usually have PSPad running on the left half of my main screen, and without a horizontal split. Since writing my previous message, I expanded PSPad to full screen and used the horizontal split for a small edit, and the marker and icon behaved normally. Reverting to the half screen with no split, the problem comes back.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (509) save icon fault

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-01-02 12:24 | IP: IP Logged

There was change of status bar placement. Before, status bar was part of each editor window, now the statusbar is common for whole windows.
This change was made for visually impaired people - their reading devices wasn't able to take information from old statusbar placement.

I will take a look for reason.

Goto Page: Previous1 2

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR