You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

#51 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-07-19 09:37 | IP: IP Logged

akiuni:
Hello
This bugs is really annoying.
I'm using 5.0.7(665), the bug appears very often when closing a file (a tab), My language is Python.

Hope you will find a solution very quickly because it's occurig multiple times a day and corrups my scripts, which makes me thinking to change for another sofware.

I need as much information as you can to provide. Whar functionality do you use? FTP, Code completion e.t.c.
What does mean "very often"?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#52 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: akiuni | Date: 2021-07-19 12:13 | IP: IP Logged

Hello, thank you for your answer

"very often" means more than two times a day...

I don't use FTP, neither code completion. I'm working under Microsoft Windows 10 with a non-administrator user account, to provide UNIX+"UTF-8 no Bom" files. I'm using the 32b version because it "seems" to be crashing less that the 64b.
I've already sent a lot of bugs reports about that but I can send you the next one if you want (I can also send you my configuration).

After a crash, if I reopen a file pspad always detects "strange caracters".
Tell me if I can provide more information
bests regards
Julien

#53 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-07-19 12:16 | IP: IP Logged

Don't be hasitate to send me bug reports. I read all and try to find a reason of any bug I got. I have no power to answer to all, but all bugs are read.

#54 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2021-07-22 15:24 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I need as much information as you can to provide. What functionality do you use? FTP, Code completion e.t.c.
What does mean "very often"?

Was my recent post on this bug, of value to you??
I included a hex dump of the damaged section of the file, which shows exactly what happened to it... Also, the ascii strings in the section, and the repeated code sections, should be indicative of...well... *something* ??

I don't use FTP, but I was editing cpp and html files; I use the code-completion functions for cpp. This *was* with V5.07 of PsPad.

I included info on my Windows version.
Is there anything else that I need to include, to help you with this issue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-22 15:25 by Gorlash.

#55 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-07-22 18:12 | IP: IP Logged

Hello. Content of the file doesn't help.
Information about used highlighter/highlighters and PSpad functionality helps.

#56 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2021-07-23 01:58 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Hello. Content of the file doesn't help.
Information about used highlighter/highlighters and PSpad functionality helps.

Sorry, I don't understand this statement... I'm using cpp and html... obviously, I'm using the highlighters for those languages. I'm not using anything else...

What specifically are you asking about??

I'm editing cpp files, using default cpp highlighters, and it is trashing my files, in the manner that has been repeatedly and consistently documented in these threads... what else can I possibly tell you??

As far as "pspad functionality" is concerned, I am absolutely using default functionality in all cases...

#57 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-07-23 03:54 | IP: IP Logged

Imagine yourself in my situation. You would try to find anything common point what can cause problems.
Now it looks like it happen when switching tabs. I am trying to map what is happening, what can cause problems...

Please send any exception what occurs during work.

#58 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: therentabrain | Date: 2021-08-03 19:26 | IP: IP Logged

Is there any solution for this? I have the exact same problem happen to me about once a month. I suddenly notice garbage characters, usually including "ÿ". I have lost some critically important data this way. Luckily, I've noticed it mostly before it was too late, and restored from backup.

I'm using 5.0.6 64 bit in Windows 7. It's an older OS I know, but at least, it eliminates the possibility that it's caused by Windows 10 updates.

I never noticed this prior to a couple of years ago, then it was very rare so I wasn't sure what was causing it. Now I see it happen a lot, the more I change and re-save a document.

I also am experiencing pspad becoming unstable and crashing. Usually before a crash, the tab numbering is off. Like instead of tab 1. 2. 3., it says tab 1. and 3. but no 2.

Dunno if that's related.

I'm almost ready to abandon pspad over this; it's really inexcusable, like buying a very nice fancy boat with a hole in the bottom. Please help.

If I were a developer on this, I would include the following things:
A save checker that verifies the saved copy of a file is identical to the one in memory
A function that looks for the 'ÿ' type characters and makes a bug report when they appear

Please advise what to do. I don't mind going back to an old version or going to 32 bit, this is so horrible. I'm a big fan of the program except for this.

#59 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-08-04 05:48 | IP: IP Logged

therentabrain:
I'm using 5.0.6 64 bit in Windows 7. It's an older OS I know, but at least, it eliminates the possibility that it's caused by Windows 10 updates.

Update to 5.0.7 build. This build eliminated it partially and is much more stable than 5.0.6.

#60 Re: Unwanted and sudden converting to strange characters

Posted by: therentabrain | Date: 2021-08-05 20:22 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you - for some reason the forum isn't emailing me so I had to find my way back here to see your reply. I've done this and I'll let you know if I have more trouble!

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR