You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > "Open Project" suddenly doesn't work anymore!

"Open Project" suddenly doesn't work anymore!

#1 "Open Project" suddenly doesn't work anymore!

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2018-08-01 07:19 | IP: IP Logged

Until yesterday, using "Project" worked well: I do a "Projects/OpenProject", select my ppr file, and then have my last open files restored and in the left pane the directory tree for my project.

When I did this today, the left pane was empty and no files restored. Of course I could reopen them one by one using "File/Open Special Recent", but the project information seemed to be lost somehow.

I thought that the ppr file might be corrupt, so I looked at it. Indeed, somewhere in the middle, I found the following section:

=====
..\gitwrk\vp5\repository\maven2\jtidy\jtidy\4aug2000r7-dev\jtidy-4aug2000r7-dev.jar.sha1
..\gitwrk\vp5\repository\maven2\jtidy\jtidy\4aug2000r7-dev\jtidy-4aug2000r7-dev.pom
..\gitwrk\vp5\repository\maven2\jtidy\jtidy\4aug2000r7-dev\jtidy-4aug2000r7-dev.pom.sha1
-junit
-junit
-3.??1^@s^@??^Z^@New Folder^@^@???r??^D^@??^A^@^@^@^@^@???r^@^@
^D^@??^A^@^@^@^@^@???^B^A^@^F^@equals^@^@???r^@^@^E^@??^A^@^@^@t^@???^B^A^@^F^@having^@^@???r??^D^@??^A^@^@^@t^@???r^@^@^D^@??^A^@^@^@^@^@???^B^A^@^E^@write^@^@^@???^B^A^@^D^@join^@^@^@^@???r^@^@^D^@??^A^@^@^@^@^@???^B^A^@^G^@suspend^@???r^@^@^G^@??^A^@^@^@r^@???r??^G^@??^A^@^@^@t^@???^B^A^@^F^@factor^@^@???r??^G
..\gitwrk\vp5\repository\maven2\junit\junit\3.8.1\_remote.repositories
..\gitwrk\vp5\repository\maven2\junit\junit\3.8.1\junit-3.8.1.jar
=====

Note that the ^@ etc is the representation which my file pager uses fornon-printable characters. It means there are NUL bytes and other non-printable characters in the file.

I erased these block of lines (the files don't have to be in my project anyway) using a different text editor, and then started PsPad again, and now my project is fine.

Now this leaves us with the question, how the project file could get corrupted. I have kept a copy of the corrupt file, in case you need it for investigation.

Also, I wonder whether there is a way to exclude some subdirectories from the project. The project file is huge (more than 600KB) and I would like to prune some fairly large subdirectories from the project tree. Having a smaller project file would also lower the probability that it gets corrupted.

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-01 07:20 by rovf.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: "Open Project" suddenly doesn't work anymore!

Posted by: Ravelli | Date: 2018-12-04 12:46 | IP: IP Logged

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem since years, so also in previous versions (currently I use 5.0.1(287)): It happens occasionally, that the Toolbar stays empty on loading a saved project and no file gets opened. To fix it, I just deleted the ppr-File and created a new one.

Now I have two corrupted project files. Opening them as text file, I spotted some folders are named '-st??es' instead of '-styles', or '-i1??' instead of '-i18n', or '-la??' instead of '-lang'. Otherwise the files seem to be complete.

Friendly greetings,
Ravelli

#3 Re: "Open Project" suddenly doesn't work anymore!

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-12-05 06:51 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Can you send me broken project file to support mail?

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR