You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Crash after drag & drop

Crash after drag & drop

#1 Crash after drag & drop

Posted by: r0lZ | Date: 2016-03-07 09:09 | IP: IP Logged

Exception description:

After having edited several files, I've closed them all, and then just did a drag and drop of 5 files from the Windows file Explorer to (now empty) PSPad. The files are subtitles in SRT, ASS and SSA format, French, encoded in UTF-8.
PSPad has loaded the 5 files (apparently successfully) and the error dialog popped up right after the display of the last file.

Note that after that bug, I've tried to close PSPad to retry with a fresh instance, and I have had trouble closing it. Finally, I got another Access Violation error, and PSPad was closed. Then, I relaunched it (without any file loaded), and did again the same drag and drop. This time, there was no problem at all. So, it appears that the files have nothing special that could explain the bug.

(BTW, there are problems with the Application Error dialog as well. If I click "Mail Log", I get an error dialog "Index is out of range" and nothing happens. Perhaps because I use GMail, and no email client is configured in my system. Since there is no way to send the bug report directly via an email client, I have to copy the message to the clipboard. That works fine, but then, I can't see the email address where the message should be sent. You should fix the index bug as well, and display the email address in the error dialog and perhaps also in the Help menu! Finally, I had to post the bug report here. It's way too difficult for the casual user. If you want to receive the bug reports, it should be easier to send them!)

Access violation at address in module '.exe'. Read of address .

Exception class: EAccessViolation
Exception address:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stack list, generated 7/03/2016 09:54:12
Thank you for your support!
But please don't put such logs into the forum.
Nobody here is interested in such long logs.
(See forum.pspad.com)
Send them to the Author Jan by mail.
For mail address see PSPad > Help > About
Also please describe (if not already done) what you have
done right before and how often that error occurs.
Maybe you are able to test on different PCs and/or
with older PSPad builds to help in finding the error?
Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program : D:\NOINST~1\PSPADE~1\PSPad.exe 4.6.0 (2700)
System : Windows 7 Professional x64, Version: 6.1, Build: 1DB1, Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 2333 MHz MMX
Display : 1280x1024 pixels, 32 bpp
Active Controls Hierarchy:
TPSSynEdit ""
TfChildEdit ""

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-29 16:46 by Stefan.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR