Posted by: Tech1312 | Date: 2015-03-23 20:37 | IP: IP Logged
i have update pspad to 4.5.9. Now, is psdap open a longer time it freeze.
The cpu going up to 13%.
ist don#t crash ist freeze!
Win 7 64Bit SSD;
Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-03-23 21:56 | IP: IP Logged
What is it "long time"?
Try to disable scripting (Program settings / System integration)
Try to remove OpenSSL libraries from PSPad folder (libeay32.dll, libssl32.dll)
Posted by: Tech1312 | Date: 2015-03-24 06:02 | IP: IP Logged
Thank you, i will test the options.
The Long Time is to kill it in the task-manager
Posted by: viza | Date: 2015-09-05 21:36 | IP: IP Logged
I have the same problem also with the actual beta 4.6.0 (2669).
And only on Windows 64bit System (Win 7, 8, 8.1 and also 10).
PSPad freezes after random time and can only be quitted by killing its task via taskmanager.
It´s a real problem, `cause you are in situation to save regularly to prevent loss of unsaved data...
So, it would be great if this "old" problem can be fixed in the near future.
It exists only on 64bit-Systems...
Posted by: Ivan 8051 | Date: 2015-11-21 22:33 | IP: IP Logged
I have the same problem - it freeze suddently like an heart attack. Win7 64, no win updates from more than 2 months allowed.
It started 2 weeks ago on v4.5.7. After upgrade to 2.6.0 it continues freeze.
My observations are here:
1. It freezes often after paste of some copied text from the same or another PSPAD tab.
2. It freezes often after compile is resulting with some error (see turbo51.com for settings applied) and typing 1-5 characters or paste some text (see above).
3. Killing by "End Process Tree" of the Task Manager and restart is resulting in immediate freeze. Exception is when the PSPad is started by some file which does not belong to the project for which the initial freeze cames.
4. Attempt to open the PSPad by starting the project file lead to freeze of the Windows Explorer. The same happens when try to open the project file (Notepad) or its properties window, even the WE's status bar still empty (only project file name is diplayed there).
5. Log off and log in the Windows does not help to start the PSPad again. Only full Windows restart allow PSPad starting without freezing. Project file's properties are available and the file can be open by Notepad as example.
6. I suspect there is still not cancelled lock on the project file. May some program module still active in the memory.
7. How long the PSPad is running and how many times the computer had been slept have not any meaning. The only meaning is to start working with PSPad and the freeze comes shortly.
8. The things you have proposed do not help.
Hope this info will help you to find the issue. If you need something addional, like files, dumps or what ever, please send me a message on the registration mail.
Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-11-22 08:03 | IP: IP Logged
To find problem, I need to be able to simulate it.
I won't update 4.5.9 or older version. Download latest build, try to find a situation when it will freeze always and send me step by step.
Posted by: Ivan 8051 | Date: 2015-12-22 18:13 | IP: IP Logged
I think the problem is solved. I spend some time to look for and analyze what kind of file operation PSPad is doing and to where (folders, atributes...). The result did not surprise me... My antivirus is getting death on file operation on when the files are containing "CR" in the name...
Just deactivate your antivirus. Do it in such way that do no allow any antivirus module to be kept loaded in the memory. Ex. my antivirus is Avast. It has an option to deactivate it for 10 minutes or some other time. But such option is not really deactivating it. The right action to take, is to deactivate it permanently and to restart the Windows. Simple "permanent" deactivation is a false and the PSPad freezing will continue. So, it is really essential to restart the whole system and do not allow the antivirus to be loaded or active even for a second.
FYI: seems that the Avast is very curious to PSPad and files or shortcuts to them which contains "CR" in the name. Once I renamed all the files in my project, the freeze has gone Miracles... Anyway I prefered to deactivate the antivirus. And computer is faster now.