You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > pspad (build 2521) not recognizing file read-only flag

pspad (build 2521) not recognizing file read-only flag

#1 pspad (build 2521) not recognizing file read-only flag

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-12-12 18:31 | IP: IP Logged

I am looking at files in a reference directory, and all the files have the read-only flag set. However, when I load one of the files into pspad, it does not mark it as read-only; it lets me edit the file, but when I try to save, it asks if I want to remove the read-only flag. Actually, I didn't want to be able to edit the files at all, that's why they are all read-only! Is there a way to fix this?? If not, I'd like to report it as a bug; it is definitely unexpected (and unwanted) behavior...

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: pspad (build 2521) not recognizing file read-only flag

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-12 19:29 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad doesn't ask you to remove R/O flag, but inform you, the file has R/O flag and ask you if you want to save your file. If you agree, PSPad remove R/O attribute, save your file and restore attribute back.

Go to
Program settings / Program 2 and check option: R/O mode changes file attribute.
With this settings you will be able to unlock file manually with lock toolbutton

#3 Re: pspad (build 2521) not recognizing file read-only flag

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-12-14 18:05 | IP: IP Logged

Ah, but that's not what I want. I want pspad to mark read-only files as read-only (on the tab)!! Just like it does if I use the popup menu to SET it to read-only.

Right now, there appear to be two different read-only flags, the file-system flag and pspad's personal read-only flag, and pspad treats them differently. It shouldn't; if the file is read-only (in the file system) then pspad should mark it as read-only when it is loaded.

#4 Re: pspad (build 2521) not recognizing file read-only flag

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-14 18:44 | IP: IP Logged

Please set the option I mentioned you
As second, delete file PSCache.bin. It is located in the userprofile folder or in PSPad folder, if you use PSpad as portable.
This file contains remembered file state. You need to forgot it.

If you open R/O file, PSPad will mark it as R/O on the tab.

#5 Re: pspad (build 2521) not recognizing file read-only flag

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2014-12-16 01:58 | IP: IP Logged

AHA!!! Okay, I didn't know about deleting the cache file; now it works perfectly!! Thanks!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR