You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Please remove this new feature

Please remove this new feature

#1 Please remove this new feature

Posted by: Macari | Date: 2014-11-03 12:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hello.

I love this editor. You make so great work with this editor, but in your last version 2513 you included a new horror feature(for me), what damaged so much files of me.

In "Search/Replace in files" you remind now the status of checkbox "replace with". I only want searching and have replaced hundred files with dump, because now the lastest checkbox status was reminded.

Yes, there is a confirm message, but I use this editor and this function now for years and its difficult to change old working steps. Can you please add a setting to disable the last checkbox status? I want it, how all time before, unchecked.

Thank you. smiling smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Please remove this new feature

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-03 13:12 | IP: IP Logged

I will make it optional.
It's reminded during PSpad session only, but I understand, it can cause problems

#3 Re: Please remove this new feature

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-03 13:40 | IP: IP Logged

From next build there will be a new option in Program settings / Tools:
Search in Files - remember Replace setting

#4 Re: Please remove this new feature

Posted by: Macari | Date: 2014-11-03 14:42 | IP: IP Logged

Great! Thank you very much. smiling smiley

#5 Re: Please remove this new feature

Posted by: Neil | Date: 2014-11-05 01:46 | IP: IP Logged

Macari:
I love this editor. You make so great work with this editor, but in your last version 2513 you included a new horror feature(for me), what damaged so much files of me.

FYI Jan added this feature on my request. He was initially reluctant to add this feature as he was worried that users would have your experience !!
I find this feature a great benefit as I am using Search & Replace in files very often.
As I said to Jan in my request, it is the user's responsibility to understand and use the software's features. The developer shouldn't "dumb down" software to protect users.

That being said, having a user configured toggle will keep everyone happy.

--
Neil

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR