You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: Inserting Opening Bracket With Word Wrap Enabled Causes Access Violation

Re: Inserting Opening Bracket With Word Wrap Enabled Causes Access Violation

#1 Inserting Opening Bracket With Word Wrap Enabled Causes Access Violation

Posted by: JTeagle | Date: 2014-04-21 08:49 | IP: IP Logged

When editing JavaScript files (not sure if other types cause it), with word wrap enabled, if I type an open bracket (the '(' character), the program throws an access violation, such as this:

Access violation at address 004FDDD0 in module 'PSPad.exe'. Read of address FEB10D2C.

With word wrap disabled, this does not happen. It does not matter whether this is typed in the middle of text or right at the end of the file. The bracket I type appears and is highlighted as it would for highlighting matching brackets / braces before the access violation occurs.

The program is able to continue after this problem.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Inserting Opening Bracket With Word Wrap Enabled Causes Access Violation

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-04-21 09:58 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Switch off the WordWrap mode (Ctrl+W) or disable highlight matching bracket in program settings or visit PSPad forum and download the latest build 4.5.8 from PSPad
developer forum: www.pspad.com
Replace existing files with content of archive.

The bug is related to Windows 8.1 upgrade

#3 Re: Inserting Opening Bracket With Word Wrap Enabled Causes Access Violation

Posted by: therium | Date: 2014-04-21 18:52 | IP: IP Logged

I have PSPad 4.5.8.2471 on Win 7 and have been writing Perl for several days straight with lots of parens. No problems here. Under Settings, Editor Part 1, I have checked Highlight Matching Brackets but not Completion of Chars.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR