You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Help file missing items

Help file missing items

#1 Help file missing items

Posted by: glennman | Date: 2023-03-08 00:07 | IP: IP Logged

This is not a bug report, just a report on some items that seem to be missing in the otherwise excellent Help file.
There is no description of the Tool Panel.
There is no description of the Favorites (Links) list and how to use it.
The Search tab in the Help file does not seem to work.
Search for Bookmark finds nothing, but Bookmark is listed in the Index tab,
and appears in several Help pages.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Help file missing items

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-09 07:47 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

PSPad is one man show with users support. I am hardly maintain application, help is updated continuously (if I find time for it) and published with main build.

Individual panels are described in the Wirking with PSPad. You are right, favorite panel is missing.

I just tested index and there are 2 entries in the Index tab - Bookmark and Bookmarks

Search tab should search in CHM file, but it doesn't - it's Microsoft HTML help functionality, not help itself functionality. I will try investigate, where is the problem.

#3 Re: Help file missing items

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-09 08:11 | IP: IP Logged

Problem with search tab found. Even I have fresh installed OS with MS HTML Help workshop (CHM help compiler), problem is with registering MS help workshop libraries.
After reregistering compilers DLLs is necessary to recompile help files and search tab works again.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR