You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > "Whole Words Only"

"Whole Words Only"

#1 "Whole Words Only"

Posted by: Peter.eisentraeger2 | Date: 2022-11-21 10:43 | IP: IP Logged

rev 741; In Search and Replace the tick for "Whole Words Only" is always on after restarting pspad

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: "Whole Words Only"

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-11-21 10:45 | IP: IP Logged

hello

Ensure you didn't unpack PSpad into Program files from developer build only.
PSpad has no right to write into this folder.

Start PSpad as admin, open program settings / System integration and check "Multiuser environment"
Save setting, close PSpad and start it normally.

#3 Re: "Whole Words Only"

Posted by: Peter.eisentraeger2 | Date: 2022-11-21 15:08 | IP: IP Logged

I have often unzipped developer builds. This was the first time pspad behaved that way. I did the admin thing and now it works. The multi user environment was already active.

Thanks!

#4 Re: "Whole Words Only"

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-11-21 16:01 | IP: IP Logged

There is no problem to unzip developer build over existing install. But there is a big difference when you unzip developer build into empty folder.
Developer build contains changed files only - you miss lot of functionality. And when you unzip it, it behaves as portable version - all settings are stored into PSPad folder.

If you don't like installer, unzip last full version and overwrite it with developer build. And make settings, I suggested in the previous answer - set Multiuser environment. This will store settings into %UserProfile%\PSpad instead of the PSpad folder.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR