You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Compiler hot key for file type not working in all cases in 5.0.7 (681)

Compiler hot key for file type not working in all cases in 5.0.7 (681)

#1 Compiler hot key for file type not working in all cases in 5.0.7 (681)

Posted by: swbrains | Date: 2021-09-06 18:39 | IP: IP Logged

This issue was discussed in the regular forum, but since part of what was discussed is still a confirmed issue in 5.0.7. (681), I'm adding that part here so it doesn't fall between the cracks for future updates:

If I open a .PL file by double-clicking on the file in Windows File Explorer or from FileZilla, it opens the file in PSPad (PSPad is associated with the .PL extension) and the hotkey I set for the compiler for this type of file executes the compiler properly (F8 in my case).

If I open the PSPad 5.0.7 application first without a file using a shortcut on my desktop, THEN use CTRL+O to select a .PL file to open from within PSPad, using my compiler hotkey (F8) does nothing.

Note: In the second case, if I click the word "Perl" in the status bar to open the file type dialog, then close it (without changing anything), my F8 compiler hotkey works at that point.

The compiler hotkey should work as it did in previous versions when opening a file *after* PSPad is opened first (empty) without requiring any additional dialogs to be opened.

Thanks!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Compiler hot key for file type not working in all cases in 5.0.7 (681)

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-09-13 07:21 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Thank you for detailed info. You are right, after open file by OpenFile dialog the settings of associated programs wasn't loaded.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR