You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > PSPad 5 doesn't handle BAT files correctly

PSPad 5 doesn't handle BAT files correctly

#1 PSPad 5 doesn't handle BAT files correctly

Posted by: Ruud | Date: 2020-02-05 18:18 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I already opened a topic related to, what I now consider as a bug. The basic: PSPad 5 doesn't handle BAT files well. To rule out that the error was mine, I started with a PSPad 5 as extracted from the ZIP file. Then I loaded one of my ASM files. In the "Highlighters Settings" I unselected everything except "x86 Assembly". In "Compiler" I filled in "mp.bat" and "%Name% %File%" in "Parameters".
The BAT file only contains one line: "echo ---- %1 --- %2 ----"

After restarting PSPad I pressed <CTRL>+F9 and.... saw nothing. But I had the idea that something was done. To be sure I added the line "pause" so the BAT file would halt until a key was pressed. Pressed <CTRL>+F9 again and.... a nice turning blue circle and nothing else.
I opened the Task Manager and saw that a DOS box was active except it wasn't visible.

The version I'm using right now is 5.0.2 (351). The above happens on my W7-32 laptop at home as well on my W10 laptop at work.

I hope this is useful enough and I really hope you can fix this problem.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad 5 doesn't handle BAT files correctly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-05 18:37 | IP: IP Logged

Just tested.
I created same bat like you, open this bas, change syntax to highlighter with assigned my.bat as compiler:

When I start compiler, I got:

I mada change for next build - when catch compiler output won't be enabled, PSPad will show you compiler window.

But note, that if you put e.g. pause command on the end of your bat file, it will never ends!

#3 Re: PSPad 5 doesn't handle BAT files correctly

Posted by: Ruud | Date: 2020-02-06 17:17 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I selected the "Capture Program Output Window" and pressed <Ctrl>+F9. Here is what V4 will show:

And this is how V5 handles it:

I seems as V5 cannot handle MAKE.

I hope to hear from you again smiling smiley

--
Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

#4 Re: PSPad 5 doesn't handle BAT files correctly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-06 17:27 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad does nothing else than run command.
As I sav, thete are some errors on your picture.
Everything what is started from inside your bat file is out of PSPad influence.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR