You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > PSPad freezes when opening a file with long lines

PSPad freezes when opening a file with long lines

#1 PSPad freezes when opening a file with long lines

Posted by: energyx | Date: 2018-07-31 05:35 | IP: IP Logged

Hi

I'm using XML files where some "inline" bitmaps are stored (just a hexdump or base64 dump of the picture). These inline bitmaps are stored in 1 line and can be very long (>500 000 characters per line). I have noticed that in new versions, PSPad will just freeze when opening such a file and only way how to close it is killing it with task manager.

For example I have just 2 lines in my xml file with 450 000 characters in each line and I'm not able to open this file.

Last version where it was working fine was 4.5.9
With 4.6.x or 5.x.x I can reproduce this behaviour every time I'm opening a file.

I have noticed that PSPad will freeze as well if I try to copy inside a very long line from clipboard..

Is there something I can do to fix this by myself? Or is it really a bug?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad freezes when opening a file with long lines

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-07-31 05:39 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I hope this is fixed already and fix will be available in the next build.

#3 Re: PSPad freezes when opening a file with long lines

Posted by: energyx | Date: 2018-07-31 06:17 | IP: IP Logged

That's great

Thanks for the quick response, I'm looking forward for the new release smiling smiley

#4 Re: PSPad freezes when opening a file with long lines

Posted by: energyx | Date: 2018-08-06 08:37 | IP: IP Logged

Hi

I can confirm that in latest dev version - 5.0.1 (283) files with extra long lines are working as expected..

Thanks

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR