You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Tab last used order doesn't respect search in files

Tab last used order doesn't respect search in files

#1 Tab last used order doesn't respect search in files

Posted by: mbutscher | Date: 2017-10-16 00:33 | IP: IP Logged

Unfortunately this bug is not fully reproducible. There seem to be some additional conditions for it to appear.

First ensure that in program settings the tab switching is set to "Last used order".

Now open at least three files (I will call them A, B, C). C should contain some unique word (let's say "foo").

Use Ctrl-Tab to switch between A and B (always release Ctrl and Tab after switch). Finally switch to A.

Now use "Search / Replace in files" and search for "foo" to find C in the LOG window. Double-click on the line where "foo" was found so editor switches to file C.

When now Ctrl-Tab is used for switching (again release Ctrl and Tab after switch) it can happen that it switches between A and B, not A and C. Sometimes I have already seen (with more open files) that it switches between A and a previously selected file.

Tested with version 4.6.2 on Win 7 Pro SP1 64bit.

Thank you for this helpful application!

Michael

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Tab last used order doesn't respect search in files

Posted by: AndreasW | Date: 2017-10-16 06:24 | IP: IP Logged

This bug is very similar to the bug discussed here. Unfortunately, Jan has not acknowledged this bug.

#3 Re: Tab last used order doesn't respect search in files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-10-16 08:06 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry guys. Just now I don't have any free time. But better times are near.
Any forum post isn't lost, I got all into mail and all bugs I have marked for solution

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR