You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > FTP: Wrong starting point after timeout

FTP: Wrong starting point after timeout

#1 FTP: Wrong starting point after timeout

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2014-02-21 09:54 | IP: IP Logged

This bug is still present. Quoted from here:
forum.pspad.com

Quote:
What I have found:
- the ftp clients losts after x seconds the connection. that is ok, but if I go to an upper folder it jumps back to root. so pspad needs to keep in mind the last folder, although it losts connection.

Other problems on that:
- If the connection is lost you can't press "refresh". If you do the page turns white. Instead of that the ftp connection should restart.
- If you want to open a file (located in root or folder) pspad returns an error sound. Instead of that the ftp connection should restart and open the file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-21 09:54 by mgutt.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: FTP: Wrong starting point after timeout

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2015-03-21 10:39 | IP: IP Logged

This bug is annoying. Please fix it!

If you leave your pc and come back after the timeout and then you save (auto-upload) a file, the program sleeps for 1 minute. This happens not if you re-connect through the ftp tab bar.

I think this is the same bug. So please: Remove the ftp timeout and/or re-connect first if the timeout has reached before trying to upload a file.

#3 Re: FTP: Wrong starting point after timeout

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2017-02-02 14:58 | IP: IP Logged

Still present :(

#4 Re: FTP: Wrong starting point after timeout

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-02-06 08:15 | IP: IP Logged

Explanation:
FTP server is server -> client communication. When Server disconnect client, client doesn't receive any message. So when you try communicate, you will meet timeout.
As first, decrease timeout limit in PSPad FTP connection
As second, activate Keep alive feature in PSPad FTP connection. FTP server won't disconnect you and PSPad will know if connection is still alive.

Change what I made:
If you press refresh button, PSPad will always reconnect you and will move you to last used FTP folder.

#5 Re: FTP: Wrong starting point after timeout

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2017-02-07 14:20 | IP: IP Logged

I'm not sure why I need to change settings if there is a problem in PSPad. It can not be normal that PSPad freezes for several seconds, a "beep" error is generated and after that I need to manually reconnect.

P.S. setting the value "999999999" returns in a connection error. "99999999" works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-07 14:23 by mgutt.

#6 Re: FTP: Wrong starting point after timeout

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-02-07 14:24 | IP: IP Logged

mgutt:
I'm not sure why I need to change settings if there is a problem in PSPad.

P.S. setting the value "999999999" returns in a connection error. "99999999" works.

I wrote about FTP Client settings in PSPad.
I wrote about decreasing timeout, not increasing. Timeout is in seconds. Put there e.g. 10s.

I found another problem related to FTPS (TSL/SSL) and I hope it will fix your problem too. What I wrote you in my previous answer was that refresh button will reconect you and move you to current folder.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR