You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Opening program sources from FTP sometimes opens in PSPad's HEX editor window instead of normal PSPad code editor... Why?

Opening program sources from FTP sometimes opens in PSPad's HEX editor window instead of normal PSPad code editor... Why?

#1 Opening program sources from FTP sometimes opens in PSPad's HEX editor window instead of normal PSPad code editor... Why?

Posted by: Tecno | Date: 2016-11-18 11:42 | IP: IP Logged

Hi guys,

I'm editing program sources in PSPad, and I open them directly from an FTP server, with PSPad's integrated FTP client.

The stange thing, that I'm not sure if it's a bug or not (but I guess so...), is that sometimes the sources open and I can see the source code and sometimes I see it in HEX...

Why does PSPad act differently? sad smileysad smiley

Also, when it opens in HEX editor, how can I convert to normal "text" editor?

Thanks for the help!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Opening program sources from FTP sometimes opens in PSPad's HEX editor window instead of normal PSPad code editor... Why?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-11-18 12:30 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad opens file in HEX mode in case the file contains non text characters.
To prevent damage binary file editing is as text.

You can switch off binary detection. Open program settings, press Direct edit button
Change variable AutodetectBinary=0

#3 Re: Opening program sources from FTP sometimes opens in PSPad's HEX editor window instead of normal PSPad code editor... Why?

Posted by: Tecno | Date: 2016-11-18 13:30 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks a lot for your help! I think if this is a feature, it should be more explicit in the settings menu, because this was quite the headache... eheheh grinning smiley

I finally got around to asking in the forum, but I was having this problem for a long time now...

I think maybe there should be an option in the editor to change from HEX mode to Text Mode, no ? Maybe a new feature.

And sorry about the double post ! I din't know what was the appropriate part of the forum, because I did not know if this was a bug or not...

pspad:
PSPad opens file in HEX mode in case the file contains non text characters.
To prevent damage binary file editing is as text.

You can switch off binary detection. Open program settings, press Direct edit button
Change variable AutodetectBinary=0

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR