You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > PSPAD 4.6.0 claims file on disk changed by other program, while it was changed by PSPAD

PSPAD 4.6.0 claims file on disk changed by other program, while it was changed by PSPAD

#1 PSPAD 4.6.0 claims file on disk changed by other program, while it was changed by PSPAD

Posted by: L.Willms | Date: 2015-12-21 10:02 | IP: IP Logged

This can result in losing all changes made with PSPAD.

I have made changes in a file opened with PSPAD, and at some point in time, PSPAD tells me that the existing copy of the file had been changed by another program, if I would want to reload that "newer" version (which is actually older). By believing that false information and clicking "yes" at the prompt, I would lose all my work on it.

This seems to occur only when I make a pause without saving the current state of the file.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPAD 4.6.0 claims file on disk changed by other program, while it was changed by PSPAD

Posted by: L.Willms | Date: 2015-12-21 13:14 | IP: IP Logged

This seems to happen every time I add something to the clipboard in another application.

But that is not a change to the file as stored on the hard disk.

#3 Re: PSPAD 4.6.0 claims file on disk changed by other program, while it was changed by PSPAD

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-12-21 13:25 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad checks File time stamp + File size.
Something (antivirus, sync folder, e.t.c.) changes File TimeStamp

#4 Re: PSPAD 4.6.0 claims file on disk changed by other program, while it was changed by PSPAD

Posted by: L.Willms | Date: 2015-12-21 14:10 | IP: IP Logged

No, the file time stamp remains unchanged.

#5 Re: PSPAD 4.6.0 claims file on disk changed by other program, while it was changed by PSPAD

Posted by: L.Willms | Date: 2015-12-26 18:33 | IP: IP Logged

It seems that PSPAD checks the last access time stamp, and should only consult the last change or creation time stamps (or what the english language designation of those timestamps might be).

Also -- I am working on HTML files -- appears to check CSS files which are not part of the project, but are being used by the HTML files being worked on and being registered in the PPR file.

#6 Re: PSPAD 4.6.0 claims file on disk changed by other program, while it was changed by PSPAD

Posted by: L.Willms | Date: 2016-01-01 18:57 | IP: IP Logged

The problem occured again: I have an HTML file in the PSPAD editor, and changed with TopStyle a CSS-File which is referenced from the HTML-File.

On returning to the HTML file, PSPAD claimed this HTML file to be changed by an external program, and that I should reload it from the file on disk. That would have obliterated all my changes to the HTML file...

That happened every time I came back to the HTML file from another window. I could get out from that situation only by saving the HTML file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-01 18:58 by L.Willms.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR