You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Problem with file(search) results

Problem with file(search) results

#1 Problem with file(search) results

Posted by: Macari | Date: 2014-11-15 11:44 | IP: IP Logged

Hello.

I never see this before, but since I updated now to build 2517;
After "Search&Replace in files" I get a file result list on bottom of pspad. But here I can found results from another search. So the results are mixed from different search ressults. This _not_ happen all times. ;)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Problem with file(search) results

Posted by: Macari | Date: 2014-11-15 11:57 | IP: IP Logged

I think I found the reason for this bug.

* Start "search&replace in files" and only search in Folder A for a string that can be founded.

* Now you should have search result

* Start again a search in another folder with a string that can NOT be founded (like "ASHÖJDLFSCJD")

* Now you see the search result is not cleared and all old result from search before are show up.

* Now search again in another folder a string that again can FOUNDED.

* Now the new search result NOT replace the old search result, ist appended on bottom of results. So the list of results is longer and longer each time.

I hope my bad english help a little to understand. ;)

#3 Re: Problem with file(search) results

Posted by: Macari | Date: 2014-11-16 11:30 | IP: IP Logged

Its for you possible to give a hotfix for this problem? With 2513 I can't work, because the new "remember"-feature is a problem for me and in the newest build 2517 the "Log" is now unusable.

Thanks for your hard work! smiling smiley

#4 Re: Problem with file(search) results

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-16 12:28 | IP: IP Logged

In the Search in Files dialog you can check option Clear previous search result. This option is there from the begin.

#5 Re: Problem with file(search) results

Posted by: Macari | Date: 2014-11-16 12:35 | IP: IP Logged

Haha, nice. I have not noticed that this was not checked. The last update or new setting save must remove this flag from my settings? I use this now for years, so I complete blind that was now unchecked.

Thanks for your help. Working fine. smiling smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR