You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Multiple screens with different scaling

Re: Multiple screens with different scaling

#1 Multiple screens with different scaling

Posted by: arjan | Date: 2023-10-23 14:27 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

I use 3 monitors: one 4k-screen from my laptop and two more regular external screens. The one from my laptop has enormously many pixels and therefore is set to 250% scale in Windows Display to make text readable. The others are set to 100%. When I open PSPad, it makes a nice window on the 4k-screen that is set to 250%, using 250% scaled fonts, just as desired. So far no problem. Now when I drag this PSPad window to one of the other screens, then the text of the file in PSPad remains 250% scaled, even though the new screen is set to 100%. As a result, I have HUGE letters and only a few lines of my file. Can someone please make PSPad recognize the scaling of the screen every time that a window is replaced and adapt the font of the opened file accordingly? PSPad itself and all menus rescale nicely, so somewhere the program is already checking the screen. Only the text of my file that I am editing behaves badly.

Many thanks!
Regards,

Arjan

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Multiple screens with different scaling

Posted by: arjan | Date: 2023-10-23 14:45 | IP: IP Logged

My colleague just showed me that I can press "ctrl" and scroll the mouse wheel to modify the size of the font shown. This works in PSPad and it is the result that I was looking for. But please can PSPad have a switch that by default modifies the font of the file being edited automatically to the resolution of the screen, just as the rest of PSPad, without a need to use the mouse wheel?

Regards,

Arjan

#3 Re: Multiple screens with different scaling

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-10-23 19:42 | IP: IP Logged

I have to simulate it.
Can you check it with current 32b developer build (available in developer forum)?
Unpack it somewhere outside program files and run PSPad.exe

#4 Re: Multiple screens with different scaling

Posted by: arjan | Date: 2023-10-24 07:06 | IP: IP Logged

I took the latest developer build before I sent my message to this forum, and indeed that was the 32-bit version. Only if you have tried to solve it this last night and uploaded a new beta version, then I can retry, but as far as I can see this is not the case.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR