You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Compiling Rapidq

Compiling Rapidq

#1 Compiling Rapidq

Posted by: FernandoP | Date: 2023-09-13 18:13 | IP: IP Logged

I've searched the Forum, but I don't see any reference to my problem.
I guess I'll be the last person on earth who still uses Rapidq to compile pseudo Basic programs.
I use this configuration for the compiler:
www.myrapidq.it
Everything works perfectly, but after compiling TWO instances of the executable open. If I uncheck the "Capture Program Output Window" box, only one opens, but I lose the compilation information (and errors).
If I leave the "Run After Compilation" option blank, the executable does not open after compiling it.
Am I doing something wrong or could it be a PsPad bug? Years ago, with previous versions it didn't happen to me. Thank you.

Windows 10 Home 22H2 and PsPad 5.5.1 (790) 64 bit

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Compiling Rapidq

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2023-09-14 20:20 | IP: IP Logged

FernandoP:
I've searched the Forum, but I don't see any reference to my problem.
I guess I'll be the last person on earth who still uses Rapidq to compile pseudo Basic programs.
I use this configuration for the compiler:
www.myrapidq.it
Everything works perfectly, but after compiling TWO instances of the executable open. If I uncheck the "Capture Program Output Window" box, only one opens, but I lose the compilation information (and errors).
If I leave the "Run After Compilation" option blank, the executable does not open after compiling it.
Am I doing something wrong or could it be a PsPad bug? Years ago, with previous versions it didn't happen to me. Thank you.

Windows 10 Home 22H2 and PsPad 5.5.1 (790) 64 bit

Hi,
I unfortunately can't speak of possible specificities with Rapidq, but you might try the 32bit version of PSPad - it should be generally more stable.

Furthermore, you can possibly check the quotes around the paths, e.g. "%File%" etc.
(Another possible issue might be an asynchronous compilation "in the background" but this seems to be unchecked in your configuration. Also, an encoding mismatch would probably cause other, more visible problems...)

Can you verify, that the respective compiler command works as expected outside of PSPad, i.e. directly in the cmd console, with redirecting the output to a file etc.?

hth,
vbr

#3 Re: Compiling Rapidq

Posted by: FernandoP | Date: 2023-09-14 23:19 | IP: IP Logged

I thank you for your response.
I have reinstalled a very old version of PsPad, 4.5.3 and it works without any problem, just as I was used to when programming in Rapidq.
My opinion is that this anomalous behavior is not due to the language or the compiler, but rather to a problem with the latest versions of PsPad.
But for a use as specific as this, I am satisfied with my solution.
Just wanted to warn in case this problem occurs with other languages/compilers.
Has no one had this problem with their programming language and this version of PsPad?

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR