You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Selecting large sections of files

Selecting large sections of files

#1 Selecting large sections of files

Posted by: keress | Date: 2022-06-29 20:41 | IP: IP Logged

I'm breaking a 49,000-line file into four sections. It takes about four minutes of holding down the mouse button to scroll through 12,000 lines of text. My finger gets tired. And if it slips I have to start all over. Is there an easier way to select this much text?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Selecting large sections of files

Posted by: MarkRH | Date: 2022-06-29 21:34 | IP: IP Logged

Could try clicking the beginning of the line you want to start selecting then drag the scroll bar down with the mouse and then Shift - Left Click on the line to you want to stop the selection at.

You can also press Shift - Page Down to select big portions of text at a time.

--
Mark H.

#3 Re: Selecting large sections of files

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2022-06-29 22:09 | IP: IP Logged

keress:
I'm breaking a 49,000-line file into four sections. It takes about four minutes of holding down the mouse button to scroll through 12,000 lines of text. My finger gets tired. And if it slips I have to start all over. Is there an easier way to select this much text?

Hi,
I'd suggest using the keyboard shortcut F8 to set the beginning/and of the selection.

Place the cursor at the beginning of the selection, press F8, than move to the needed end position (e.g. using pagedown, scrollbars or setting the line/column via dialog: Go to (Ctrl+G)
Then press F8 again and the selection will be highlighted.

hth
vbr

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR