You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Start split screen mode in sync

Re: Start split screen mode in sync

#1 Start split screen mode in sync

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2021-06-14 08:54 | IP: IP Logged

Split screen mode is a very useful feature, especially when working with big files. But it would even be better if the split screen mode would start with the two file windows in sync, i.e when I start the split screen mode, the file display and the text cursor on the new file window should be at the same position as on the first window.

If I want to see the start of the file (which happens rather rarely), I just have to hit ctrl-home, that's one key. Much more often, I want to start at the same position as on the first window, and thats more complicated.

Another possibility would be to offer a command "sync other window", when split screen mode is active, which would position the non focused window at the same place where the focused window is.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Start split screen mode in sync

Posted by: Ilya | Date: 2021-06-14 10:03 | IP: IP Logged

idefix2:
the split screen mode would start with the two file windows in sync

idefix2:
a command "sync other window"

I vote for these additions!

#3 Re: Start split screen mode in sync

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-06-14 13:14 | IP: IP Logged

If I understand, when you choose synchonize with file, you want to synchronize second file with the first (top line) and then start sync process.

I don't think so it's hard to do it, cause you can simply use goto line (Ctrl+G)

If I do it, it must be done optionally.

I usually sync 2 different files with common part, so top lines are different.

#4 Re: Start split screen mode in sync

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2021-06-15 20:42 | IP: IP Logged

No, I mean Split screen mode, when you show the same file in both screens. It's a feature I use very often, and in most situations, I want to start off with the same screen on both sides.

#5 Re: Start split screen mode in sync

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-06-16 04:31 | IP: IP Logged

idefix2:
No, I mean Split screen mode, when you show the same file in both screens. It's a feature I use very often, and in most situations, I want to start off with the same screen on both sides.

OK. If you split same file, you want to see same content (start from the same top line) in both windows, right? In this case I can do it.

#6 Re: Start split screen mode in sync

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2021-06-16 19:43 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, exactly. Thank you.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR