You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Browser option

Re: Browser option

#1 Browser option

Posted by: billzant | Date: 2021-04-08 01:07 | IP: IP Logged

I have just bought a new computer.

On the old computer I think that PSPad was set to open in chrome, I vaguely recall setting it as an option. I could not find any options - I am using Freeware editor 5.0.5.

My default browser is set as chrome but maybe I have missed something.

Can anyone explain how I open PSPad in Chrome?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Browser option

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-04-08 04:31 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
Do you want to run chrome as html code preview from pspad or do you want to chrome start pspad as page source viewer?

First case - set chrome as external application in the highlighter settings / html

Second case - write: about:config in chrome address field, search for source viewer and fill in path to pspad there

#3 Re: Browser option

Posted by: billzant | Date: 2021-04-09 13:56 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for your reply.

I want to run chrome as html code preview ie F10

HTML -> HTML page preview and then the webpage that opens to be in chrome.

From your instructions I tried and reached this

zandtao.com

but there was no change.

Can you help me further?

BillZ

#4 Re: Browser option

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-04-10 08:08 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

HTML page preview uses browser engine. Chrome isn't available, cause it required to install over 150 MB of libraries.
In this time is available IE and when you install Edge Canary build, you can switch preview into Edge Chromium.

If you want to use Chrome as web preview, assign it as external application in Highlighter settings / HTML
In external application tab list Chrome.exe as application and click Add button. You don't need to fill in anything else

You will be able to preview page in Chrome using F9 key (menu File / Open in programm)

You can add more application, they will get another shortcuts.

#5 Re: Browser option

Posted by: billzant | Date: 2021-04-11 05:32 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks very much for this.

This works ..... partially.

My computer has a function for the F9 key. When I press it, it opens into the login screen. However when I go File-Open with program across to chrome, it opens in chrome. So that works - thank you for this.

On the toolbar there is a button that I use for checking the browser, when I hover it says "Show HTML in internal browser (f10)" This is the button I usually use to view the webpage - F10 toggles the camera. I know I am being awkward but I have no desire to alter the computer function-key settings. Is it possible to add another button on the toolbar that will do "File-Open with program across to chrome".

Thanks again for your help, it is appreciated - I am learning.

#6 Re: Browser option

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-04-11 05:37 | IP: IP Logged

Open program settings / KeyMap
In the HTML section remove shortcut for F10 (HTML preview)
In the File section assign F10 instead of F9

Now it will work for F10

#7 Re: Browser option

Posted by: billzant | Date: 2021-04-12 18:13 | IP: IP Logged

What I wanted is to add a button to the toolvar but have just discovered it is already there.

I can now click the button "Open active file in external program" then click on chrome. That is good enough for me.

So we have reached what I wanted, thanks for all your help.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR